Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you KEEP a clean house...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 29 Replies

do you have an actual schedule or do you clean as you go? I've been doing REALLY good this past month or so at KEEPING my house clean. I'm really surprised at how much easier it is to KEEP it clean when I don't let it go. I just do simple maintenance and it's clean again. However, I find myself busting my butt when my two babies (14 months and 4 months) are sleeping...which leaves me no downtime during their naps. When do you find the time to clean?

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM

hahahhaha clean house??? that's funny !   I figure I'll have a clean house when the boys all move out!  Don't get me wrong, our house is "clean" , but it's definitely LIVED IN~!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:38 PM

I don't really KEEP it clean, but i don't let it become a disaster either. I usually do the dishes and pick up toys in the morning while my son is eating his breakfast. Or he's pretty good about playing with his toys while I clean up. of course, he's usually right behind me bringing his toys back out to the living room, dropping them, then following me back to go grab more and repeat. lol. I manage to keep it looking okay to where if someone came over unexpected I wouldn't have to feel so embarrassed. lol

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:42 PM

I'm kinda in the same boat or i was more so when my DD was that young it gets easier i can sometime get her to play with her toys long enough for me to do a task or two. Other wise i'm doing a lot during nap time as well i usually get my rest when she sleeps at night or an hr after DH gets home i let him spend an hr with her where i can relax or do what ever.

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:43 PM

lol, Im debating on when to start cleaning, I have a pile of laundry to do...My mom is coming over tomorrow from Arizona ( i live in ca) and well since im a SAHM she expects the house to be (fat chance mom) Im just so cold i dont wanna move out of bed!! I know i have to clean but if i make any noise right now then my son Alex is going to wake up, and well if he sees me picking up his toys he throws a fit! it funny sometimes. Right now im leaving the vacuming for last minute lol

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Thank God for my best friend. SHe actually came and helped me clean my house this past weekend. She even vacuumed for me. Then played with DD while I did dishes and laundry. I starting thinking, how does it get this bad. But all week long when I work there just isn't time to CLEAN. I pick up, wash a dish or two, the laundry doesn't get done till the weekend.Or the vacuuming, my room never gets cleaned any more. It has become the catch all room. DD room stays clean all she does is sleep in there. I used to be a neat freak dusting every day there was never a dirty dish in the sink and the laundry was done 2 or 3 times a day. I love my DD she is more important to me than those things used to be.
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Well, I do like to keep a clean house since I actually get anxious if my house starts to look cluttered or messy. We have a cleaning lady that comes every other week and does a deep clean. I just clean every day for an hour and tackle different parts of my house. Since the cleaning lady does a deep clean all I have to do is dust and sweep and Vacuum. Nothing big except the Kitchen which I have to do dishes every day and a quick wipe down of the bathroom.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I have a cleaning day. I am a stay at home mom. So, mondays are my cleaning day. I wake up feed myself and my 1 year old daughter and start cleaning. I have a two bedroom 1.5 bath and it usually takes me 6 hours to clean. Dust, wipe everything down, clean the tub, sink and toilets, vaccum, dishes if any. sweep, mop. The works!! I take breaks to feed myself and my daughter. That's about it. Then I just pick up when need be which takes an hour every day of the week. It is simple for me.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I clean as I go and twice a month I tear up the place and clean EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

baseballMy Frankietoddler boyMy Jacobexpecting babyBaby Oops is on it's way

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM

My husband and I share the chores. He does all the dishes and i mean all of them. I do the living room. We both do the laundry. We take turnd mopping the floors and cleaning the bathroom. Having two kids and being pregnant is hard enuf. I also work outside the home part time. So i fugured if i have to work outside the home then he can help work inside the home. He doesnt' really complain unless I cook really big

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM

Anytime I have a couple of minutes throughout the day I'll pick up the toys she's not playing with and put back in her room.  I'll clean up the lunch dishes right after lunch and if the dishwasher needs to be loaded/unloaded I'll do that then too.

As for laundry, dh and I have set days of the week we do laundry so unless we run out of clean undies (dd is potty training) then we only do laundry on those set days. 

It's easy for me because I have a husband who actually isn't a slob (I know they're hard to find, lol), he has OCD and has to have everything in it's place or he gets super grouchy.  I admit he does a large amount of the housework, but when I'm off work I try to keep the house as he would if he where there and I always make sure to clean up before he gets home from work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)