Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Premature delivery

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

My youngest is 2 and i had preterm labor with him for 8 1/2 weeks...he was delivered at 36 weeks and 6 days.....im 6 weeks pregnant now and havent been to the doc yet but was just wondering if any of you had experiences with delivering your next child prematurely?

*************EDIT************** I also had too much amniotic fluid.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
amcknabb529
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM

i had both of my kids at 36wks. with my daughter the first, i had high bp and the dr said that i had no choice...with my son i went to the er bc my toe was infected and hurt bad and they said my bp was so high i had no choice i was being induced....with him i had no previous high bp though..i think it was due to some meds that the dr had me take...dumb dr!! and now that im preg again i have been thinking of the same thing but this time around i have to have a c section and i dont think they will do one that early so i guess we will see. good luck though and i wouldnt worry too much its not good for you or the baby! they were both ok, my son had some issues breathing but they broke my water at 9am and waited til 530 to decide ok we need to do a csection....but he was alright! congrats

bsmkmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I had my oldest son at 29 1/2 weeks  he weighed in at a whole 2 lbs 9 oz. 14 1/2 inches and we were in our NICU for 9 weeks he was very  sick But today he is ten and very healthy and happy little kiddo Now a days we have alot of technology to help these little early ones and great docs help too GOOD LUCKwith your kiddo This is braydon on the left hand side today. 11-11-1998 my baby was born

crzybtful4_u
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM

my first 2 pregnancies were fine, but I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks with my daughter. I had 2 shots of terbutiline and I delivered at 37 weeks.

((*Steph--momma to Elijah,Brayden and Hannah

A group for mommas of the Fox Cities!

navywifey2006
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM

i was on terb...ugh it was terible! i also had too much amniotic fluid which i forgot to add to my post!

Quoting crzybtful4_u:

my first 2 pregnancies were fine, but I went into preterm labor at 32 weeks with my daughter. I had 2 shots of terbutiline and I delivered at 37 weeks.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

perfectmom20
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM

my oldest was a 31 week preemie. He wieghed 4lbs 1 oz and was in the NICU for 6 wks.Today he is 3 and super healthy!! When I got prego w/ my second I was on bedrest most of my pregnancy and had preterm labor twice. At 26 wks I was 1 cm dilated,but I made it 37w2d =]  So there is hope momma!!

10.jpg picture by issak2007

ben127
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM

i had ben at 35w 6d and tristen at 39 weeks.

younglamommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Both my boys were premature.Both were born in June....due in July.I was in labor with my first for 9 hours,the second 7.I was lucky enough to be able to have natural birth with both.

alliesmom112
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM

Both of my girls were born 5 weeks and 1 day early. With both of my girls my water spontaneously broke. We had to watch their weight gain but other than that both of my girls are completely healthy. 

lilyrose73
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM

My son was born at 33.5 weeks and spent 4 weeks in the NICU.  I had am emergency C section due to bleeding and decelerations in his heart rate.  My daughter was born 2 years later and she was full term.  No problems at all.  Since you already had one preemie, your doctor will probably monitor you more closely this time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)