Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else have this done?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM
  • 8 Replies

Anyone have had a root canal, if so did your dentist just numb you or did your dentist also give you a laughing gas. I'm pregnant and i need a root canal, i'm so scared of how it's going to hurt because i can only have the novacaine shots. In the past i've had a ton of dental work done and for anything extensive like this i've needed the gas - my teeth seem to be super sensitive and sometimes the shots haven't worked on me. Sorry i'm just really freaked!

sad

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
proudmommy22805
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:38 PM

Sorry hun, I've never had one but here's a bump for ya!

Ladybug8412
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I've never had a root canal done, but I'm the BIGGEST baby when it comes to any kind of dental work, even cavities.  I always request the gas before I get the shots or anything.  Good luck!

lovinmamaof2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:46 PM

i HAVE REALLY BAD TEETH so I had my first one when I was 5. yeah I know it sucks but I have had like 4 since and I never got the gas. The shots dont really work on me so half way through I cn feel everything.... I knwo how you feeel I hate the dentist but I guess thats why I havent went in like 2 or 3 years lol

SaraNicole715
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM

i had a root canal done while ive been pregnant and ive always just gotten the shot.  it wasn't bad, i have really bad anxiety when it comes to going to the dentist so i completely understand you being nervous

skeadle
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I had a root canal done. And he just numbed it with novacaine right at the spot he was working on. I never felt a thing. For me, the worse pain was the pain before I had the root canal. I was 9 and I was up all night crying. You'll be ok once it is over with.

KelseyNovy87
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:58 PM

i had a root canal about a year ago. the dentist just numbed me, and i really didn't even feel it. it hurt a little afterwards, but nothing that some advil counldn't fix. it's not as bad as some people say it is. the worst part about it for me what trying to keep my mouth open that wide, since the tooth was on the top way in the back.

vangel34
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:02 PM

When I was pregnant I had to have an on-lay which is a lot like a crown and couldn't have laughing gas either.  I just tried to relax and the dentist was actually very good with the shots and made sure I was nice and numb before working on my mouth.  I didn't have any pain at all.  Your dentist should be asking you if you can feel anything even throughout the procedure he would occasionally ask if I was okay.

Janis198
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:54 PM

I had one, I was knumbed and then knumbed again, Mine started wearing off. It wasn't to bad though, I just hated the thing in my mouth to hold it open. And my jaw hurt for a few days after

Janis mommy to 5 great kidshaving chocolate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)