Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training a stubbern boy!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM
  • 2 Replies

Help me please!!! I have a 3 yr old little boy and he so stubbern when it comes to potty training. He refuses to go in the toilet. When we train him to go peepee in the toilet then he poops in his diaper and when he goes poopy in the toilet then he peepees in his diaper. He refuses to do both. Just one or the other. I have tried everything. The cheerios, the sticker poster, the treats, what can I do now? Any advice moms?

Melissa

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Tinamomof7
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I totally understand your frustration. I've potty trained six boys and a few of them really were a challenge. I learned that not much that I did really made a difference as to WHEN potty training was completely accomplished. Statistically most boys (I say most because some do it younger) are completely (meaning no accidents and dry all night) trained between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2. Your son sounds like he's darn close. Take a deep breath and hang in there.  If you get really stressed he'll get really stressed and that can slow down the whole process. I promise, I've never met an adult who hadn't learned to use the potty.    Keep encouraging, celebrate successes loudly and don't punish accidents, he's learning a new skill and what seems obvious to us isn't to him.  So like walking and talking it's a progression of successes with lots of bumbling.

Gracie1221
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

I'm in the same situation right now!  My son will be three on march 2nd - he will go pee ok but is stubborn about the pooping.  Now, I think he's holding it in and getting tummy aches!

I wish I had some tips for you - but we are trying the stickers (which he likes) and reading picture books while we are in there - but so far, it's a slow go!

Good luck to you !  I'll keep checking back and see what the other ladies have to say!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)