Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever seen a Naturopathic Physician?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM
  • 0 Replies

I was looking for a new GYN, as mine is 2 hrs away and it's a pain to plan a whole day just to go out for a doctor's appointment. I got a recommendation from my mom's co-worker for one that comes to my town twice a month. So I made an appointment, and the receptionist sent me a new patient packet for me to fill out and bring to my appointment. Well it turns out she does women's healthcare (I'm going in for an annual pap) but she's "Natural Healthcare" doctor. In this patient packet, it asks me things like to fill out a "Wheel of Balance" where I shade in how satisfied I am with certain areas of my life, and also asks me things like how commited I am to determine underlying causes of signs and symptoms that relate to my lifestyle and "who do you know that will sincerely support you consistently with the beneficial lifestyle changes you will be making?"

So if anyone has seen a naturopathic physician, particularly for women's health, what exactly do they do? And what can I expect from this appointment?

Thanks!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)