Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some help on this one

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

how can u tell that ur child is ready to be potty trained and how do u go about potty training... my son is about to be 15 months on the 14th of feburary... he has a dry diaper for 2 hours or longer and he is always bringing me a diaper when he is in need of a change... just the other morning he took his diaper off and pooped in the laundry basket of clean clothes... i dont know if thats a sign or not... please any advice would help me greatfully... thank you

*PROUD MOMMY OF ATRE`YU KAYDEN!*    

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Atreyusmommy07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM

btw this is my first child!

samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I Would Have To Say He Is Telling You That He May Be Ready It Dont Hurt To Try It And See. Pooping In The Clean Clothes Made Him Think It Was A Potty Maybe LoL Good Luck.

Brandie_xo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM

If hes bringing you a diaper when he wants to be changed, i would say he's ready.

My daughter is fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

baby

Atreyusmommy07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM

thank you so much for the advice please if there is anymore please let me know.... i am really trying everything to ensure that my son is ready cuz i dont want to push him to fast

austinsm0mmy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I think he's starting to tell you he's ready or at least that he is interested.  When my son 14 months old I started sitting him on the potty everytime I went potty just to get him used to the feel and the concept.  Maybe try doing that and see how it goes.  I would let him take the lead he's still young but if he's interested and starting to show signs of being ready than take advantage of that.

drinkingtoddler boy

Republican voting, wine drinking, working mom and Air Force Wife 

Atreyusmommy07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Quoting austinsm0mmy:

I think he's starting to tell you he's ready or at least that he is interested.  When my son 14 months old I started sitting him on the potty everytime I went potty just to get him used to the feel and the concept.  Maybe try doing that and see how it goes.  I would let him take the lead he's still young but if he's interested and starting to show signs of being ready than take advantage of that.

thank u so much... i have his potty chair down stairs cuz when nick jr is on i cant get him away from the tv... and my mom was tellin me when i was little she had to put mine in front of the tv cuz i refused to move from my shows! lol she sid that i would sit there all day until my shows were done but i went potty tho

kvan409
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Huggies has a free potty training dvd that you can order.  I have not watched it yet since my son is not ready so I cant say how good or bad it is but hey it is free so worth a shot.

http://www.pull-ups.com/na/potty_training_dvd.aspx

MommyMarjorie
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:04 AM

Hi:

Based on the fact that he brought you a diaper to change would let e know he is ready and capable to be Potty trained.  Around abot the times he brings me the diaper, I would say lets go potty around that time. if you know the time.  If you do not know the time, then pick times. I would do this consistently.  Hope this info helps.

Marjorie DiCarlo RN, BSN,MBA

Tracyskye
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM

HAHA - pooped in the laundry huh? GROSS! haha

15 mths is usually early to start potty training. But, sounds like he might be an early goer. Go for it!

Take him to the toilet every hour or two on the hour. Do not stray from this routine. Routine is the key. Let him see you, your hubby, siblings etc. go potty. When you guys do, make a huge deal out of it, clapping, horrays, etc. so that your little guy will know it's a fun important accomplishment. Then, of course, when he starts going on the potty, make it a huge deal, call everyone into the bathroom and clap and hoorays and give him a small treat each and everytime he goes. I used to give my little ones just one fruit snack (not the bag, just one), and two if they pooped. Worked like a charm!

Atreyusmommy07
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 1:17 PM

thank you ladies sooo much for the advice i am going to start the routine tomorrow starting as soon as we wake up! again thank you... i already know that this is going to be a very long process

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)