Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you co-sleeping moms do it?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok so I am just wondering how you all do it? I mean I would love to co-sleep with my little man but he has been so independedt since day 1. He hates to be held, rocked, or even cuddled. The only time I get to hold him or rock him is if he is sleeping and the only time he lets me rock him to sleep is if he is sick. He sleeps in his own bed in his own room and I feel  like I am missing out on precious time with him as I am also a full time working mother. I didnt need any advice I just wanted to let all of you know how lucky  you are!!! I guess I should be glad that he dosent need me but sometimes it breaks my heart, lol. He is such a little wiggle worm, all of my friends are always commenting on how active and alert he is for 6 months old. Granted he just started sleeping through the night last week but I would just love to lay with him for 30 min!! He used to be mommys littke snuggle bug for maybe the first week after that he was on his own so enjoy this time you have with your little babies!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KimG1028
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Well...my son is two...and I wish he would sleep in his own bed!  LOL.  I long for a full night's sleep...but between my husband's snoring...and my son's twisting and turning and kicking...ugh!

I do love seeing him sleep though....and I understand wanting to have him close...but really .. enjoy your bed all to yourself!  Because once they start...it's very difficult to get them out!

vkp23
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I semi-co sleep.  My hubby and I work seperate schedules I work the days he's off.  Any how, My little girl sleeps in her basinet right next to my side of the bed.  then when Daddy goes to work she takes his spot in the bed!  LOL!  I make an upsidedown V with the pillows and lay  her head in the top of the V that way she has a pillow between me and her so I wont roll over on her and a pillow so she wont fall off the bed.  I can still snuggle up to her and if I need to roll over to my other side I can without worry of her getting hurt of falling off.  

Lilypie 4th Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

bfp blinkiettc blinkiebaby prayer blinkiesperm blinkie3 TTC #3Happily Married                                                 

I am a conservative, gun loving, PRO-LIFE no exceptions, ANTI-CIO, semi-co-sleeping, clinically depressed, government hating, plus sized, let my kids have junk food, obsessed with my hubby who is my first and only (and vise verse), Christian, hate working part-time aspiring to be a SAHM, shop-aholic, breast feeding and formula feeding kinda mommy.  If you don't like it you can kiss my fat white ass.  My babies love me my hubby loves me and I don't give a shit if you hate me!  But love me and I'll give you my all!

PolandMomof3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I have three little ones and usually most all if not all of them are in my bed or right beside it so enjoy yourbed to yourself however the sell cots that lay right beside your bed at walmart online and then u can enjoy watching him sleep without having him right in your bed.

I am a hippie SAHM,  tattoo having ,easy going, cigarette smoking, homeschooling,earth loving,pacifier giving,  mom and wife who doesnt care what anyone else thinks, I don't judge you so don't judge me kinda person

hollie0705
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM

I try not to co-sleep! My LO goes to bed in her own crib but never fails she wakes & wants to be in our bed. I hate it! I long for a good night sleep of not feeling her toss & turn or her head/feet in my side! I love the feeling of her wanting to be close to me & her daddy but I want my bed back!

Jillian
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM

My DD was very clingy and never wanted to be put down. It was a batte to get her in her own bed so i guess your lucky.

baby

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Reecesmom0707
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Thats pretty much what all of my friends have said to enjoy that you dont have this problem and I do enjoy it but again would just love to snuggle with him for a bit, but the little wiggle worm resists! lol

momintraining02
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM

My oldest was independent but my youngest was total opposite--she started sleeping with me at around 1 1/2 due to her dad being gone for his job--now she is 4 and we are having a heck of a time getting her in her own bed.

We moved her mattress into our room to try to help but she is always in our bed by morning........

I love it and don't love it all at the same time--it has caused some drift in the romance area for me and hubby...... 

Mom to Taylor and Alaina--Wife to my Best Friend--living life one day at a time!!!

vkp23
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM

For our four year old we did it in a stepped process.  She was so small she stayed in her bassinet til she was about 10 months old.  She semi co-slept.  I'd let her sleep in the bed with us of if it was just me than me from time to time.  Then was put her in her crib in our room til she was about 18 months old.  then we moved the crib to her room and put a T.V. in there for her so she had a little noise going on to help her sleep.  Then right before she turned two we got my old bedroom furniture from my mom for her.  she she went from the crib to a twin bed.  We baby proofed her room so she had free reign of it.  now that she is four we had to take the T.V. out of her room or she wouldn't go to sleep.  Se read her a story before bed and she has a 10 gal tank she uses at a night like and we keep it a tiny bit low so the water filter make a waterfall sound so she has a little bit of white noise.

Quoting KimG1028:

Well...my son is two...and I wish he would sleep in his own bed!  LOL.  I long for a full night's sleep...but between my husband's snoring...and my son's twisting and turning and kicking...ugh!

I do love seeing him sleep though....and I understand wanting to have him close...but really .. enjoy your bed all to yourself!  Because once they start...it's very difficult to get them out!

I am a conservative, gun loving, PRO-LIFE no exceptions, ANTI-CIO, semi-co-sleeping, clinically depressed, government hating, plus sized, let my kids have junk food, obsessed with my hubby who is my first and only (and vise verse), Christian, hate working part-time aspiring to be a SAHM, shop-aholic, breast feeding and formula feeding kinda mommy.  If you don't like it you can kiss my fat white ass.  My babies love me my hubby loves me and I don't give a shit if you hate me!  But love me and I'll give you my all!

vkp23
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:51 PM

P.S.

Ignore my spelling I had five teeth pulled today and am still a little woozy.  LOL.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:53 PM

We started co sleeping as soon as my kids were born. It makes breastfeeding and everything so much easier!

At 5 months my son was ready to go into his own bed. It took 9 months for my daughter to be ready, although I still bring her in sometimes to nurse and we fall back asleep that way.

I LOVE co sleeping. There is nothing like waking up to your baby smiling and touching your face, or watching them sleep silently next to you. I feel so much better knowing they are right there.

Basically, I don't know what to tell you LOL A child who doesn't co sleep is going to be tough to try and lay with because they are used to moving around and your movement will wake them up. Babies who co sleep can usually sleep through anything (especially mine because my husband snores LOL)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

CSection MommaBreastfeeding

Proud Canadian

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)