Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This one is beyond me: HELP! (should I contact her on myspace) UPDATE!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM
  • 58 Replies

K: the question is Should I contact her on myspace?

The situation, I was married, I dated my former husband for 4 years prior to being wed.  He had a daughter from a previous marriage that he was not very close with but I was fortunate to have met her on one occasion when she was about 15. So she does have a teeny knowledge of me

Fast forward 8 years. Her dad and I are no longer married but we have a son together. My son has never met his father, or ANY member of his dads  family with the exception of a cousin and an uncle very briefly in the parking lot of a department store and his other half brother.

My son is now 4 and  I want to make sure he has access to his blood line.  My former husband and son's father does not claim to have a 3rd child and tells everyone he has never been married. (loony)

A few days ago I was on myspace and ran across her picture, and notice she is now 23 and 9 months pregnant.  Ready to give birth any moment.

Again, do you feel it is appropriate that I contact her on behalf of her other little brother my son?

Thanks for you (respectful) advice

I just sent her a note: She is online now so she will see it right away I hope:  Letter is on page 2 here

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyD
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:31 PM

I would contact her but, that's just me... I'm sure they will probably assume you have been stalking them or something but, its not like you can't sue him for child support or something you know???

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

KimG1028

It couldn't hurt.  Why not?  Give her the option to be involved if she wants to be involved.  Your crazy ex husband is the one that's missing out.

zoeysmom331

I would say yes, contact her. My bio-dad wasn't in my life either, and I missed out on relationships with my 3 half sisters. I would say especially since she didn't have a relationship with him either, it wouldn't hurt to try.  

Just because she calls me Mom does not mean I am going to stop being Jen

Bertsmommy

I would contact her but be prepared for her not to respond or not wnat to meet. It could be a little weird for her ya know.

The two loves of my life, my son and my fiance

momto3girls0620

i'm sure she would love to meet her little brother..she's a grown woman about to give birth ..it's not like she's a jealous child or anything

kaylynsmommy2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I would.  The worst that could happen is that she tells you she doesn't want to be any part of your life.  At least you would know.  Plus, she might be happy to talk with you.  Good luck! 

lenalove
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:33 PM

If i was her, I would want to be contacted. I'd want to know my little brother. I say you should send her a message

orange4agua72
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I would. She's the same age as I am, and I would most definately want to know about my little brother, even if I didn't like my dad or whatever!!! But be prepare for her to maybe not respond,  but my guess is she would be very excited!!!

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

theclassics1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

yes

Brandie_xo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:55 PM

its worth a shot :)

My daughter is fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)