Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prenatal Ultrasound Question

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM
  • 3 Replies

My friend just called me in a panick that she just had her ultrasound and her baby's kidneys are slightly enlarged. Does anyone know what that could mean? Apparently it is very slight, and the Doctor wants them to get it checked out after the baby is born. Anyone have advice?

Forgive your enemies but never forget their names. -JFK

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jackie8236
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:32 PM

If they want to check it out after the babies born, it probably isn't that serious. A lot of times things come up wrong on the ultrasound but end up being ok. A friend of mine, was told her sons heart and stomach was enlarged, but then they did another one at her next appt and it was fine. Stressing out about it, can just make her and the baby worse.

AlishaRenee
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM

my daughters were till she was like 7 months but everything was fine... they did a few blood tests and notta thing was wrong so the baby is the same as mine baby girl 

girl giving flowerwedding pregnant belly
I'm Alisha... Mommy to Aubrey Lynn... Wife to Matthew Kim & Expecting in Sept 09!

kmgehweiler
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM

Thank you I actually looked into it a little bit and it does sound like it is probably nothing major, thanks for your replies! I just got a little freaked because I had a bad experience.

Forgive your enemies but never forget their names. -JFK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)