Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need Help!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone. me and my husband are currently living with his parents and my daughter is 12 months and still does not sleep throught the night. I started the cry-it-out method and my father in law thinks its child abuse for letting her cry. What can i do?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Fostersforbeer
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:51 PM

it takes time.. i know my friend would let her baby cry it out around a year old..

the first night he cried for like 45 mintues.. then the next night he cried for like 20 minutes.. and n ow he just goes to sleep..

I dont like CIO... but sometimes.. that is ALL you can do...

luckily my daughter just goes to bed.. sometimes she will cry for like 5-10 mintues.. but thats it.

Jillian
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Ask him to give you a wk or five days to try this for yourself look up some data to show him. If you weren't living with them i'd tell him to butt out but that might not be so great considering your living with him. Good luck i have a nightmare MIL so i understand

baby

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

perfectmom20
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Thats all you can do =] Tell him to get his facts straight! There's a HUGE difference between discipline and child abuse. By 1 yr old, even pedi's recommend the CIO method. It does work,it just takes time and consistency. 

12.jpg picture by issak2007

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)