Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nails Nails Nails!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:55 PM
  • 8 Replies

OK, so I was just wanting to get some suggestions about fake nails. My wedding is coming up and I really don't want to go to the salon and get them drilled and filed all the way down and have the acrylic ones put on. They will drive me nuts anyway, and I will most likely be taking them off the next day, so to me it's a waste and its painful. I did have long enough real nails but the closer the wedding gets the shorter they have gotten...lol...so I was wondering what sort of nails you ladies buy and are the most effective? I want to do the french manicure, maybe just some glue kinds or something...whats the best???

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LoriAnn87
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:16 PM

I went to the nail salon and I had the aryclli tip put on but I keep them on for a while before taking them off and having another set put on. Since you don't want to that you can always go to any store and get the fake nails with the glue strips and put them on yourself. Here is a link to sally hansen and there fake nails.

http://www.sallyhansen.com/prod_bundle.cfm?bundle=22

maddysmom729
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Thanks for the link! Anyone else try anything that really worked, besides the salon?

zoeysmom331
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I wish I could help ya, but I can't STAND glue on nails. I've NEVER had any that stayed on more than a few hours, if at all.  

My suggestion? Stop biting your real ones so they can grow back!

Just because she calls me Mom does not mean I am going to stop being Jen

JollyRancher22
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I have used store bought fake nails a million times and I like them so much better.  Costs a lot less, less smells, and they come off without spending more money to get them off.  Broadway usually works well, I would suggest for ur wedding to get medium length bc the short is too short and the long will get in the way.  Dont go too cheap on them though bc then they look like crap and fall off easily.  Spend about 7-9 buck on them.  Make sure u also do ur cuticles bfore putting them on so they look more real.  Good luck.

Mo.Mom41
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I have been using these now for close to 6 months. I stopped getting acrylic because of the economy and also because I didn't like how my nails looked when I went for a fill. To remove these, all I do is soak in pure acetone and wipe off. They have different lengths, but, I always get the short. You can get them at Wal-Mart or Walgreens (at least that's where I've bought mine)

maddysmom729
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Thank you girls soooo much! You really are a great help! :o)

JaelynS
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM

these are the best

Quoting Mo.Mom41:

I have been using these now for close to 6 months. I stopped getting acrylic because of the economy and also because I didn't like how my nails looked when I went for a fill. To remove these, all I do is soak in pure acetone and wipe off. They have different lengths, but, I always get the short. You can get them at Wal-Mart or Walgreens (at least that's where I've bought mine)

finally  met the little kickboxer who's been living inside me for so long!
<3 Jaelyn

Ethan was born June 18th, 2008. He weighed 6lbs 13 3/4 oz and was 20 inches long.

lilysmom31
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 4:38 PM

LOL  I forgot to get mine done!  All I ended up doing was filing them nicely and painting a clear polish on them.  This is the only pic that shows my nails and you cant tell!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)