Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is going on with my daughter? Are these things related or not? *With Pics

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM
  • 22 Replies

My daughter is almost 4 months old. Yesterday morning when she woke up, her eye was VERY red inside and around it and VERY watery. She also had a splotchy bumpy looking rash around it. So I made her a Dr's appt. She couldn't see her regular pedi because she was completely booked up, so I had to see a regular family practice Dr. By the time we got to the appt, the rash around her eye was gone, but I told him about it. He said it was probably just from her scratching the area. Well he diagnosed her with pinkeye and prescribed some drops. Well, by mid afternoon, her eye looked totally better, and I knew if she had pinkeye it would stay red until she had her prescription. Well, I didn't end up getting her prescription because it looked better, and today still, her eye looks just fine. I figured she just scratched it or something. Here's a pic, it actually looked much worse in real life.

Well now today, she has the same looking rash that was around her eye, but now it's just on the left side of her body, by her hip & armpit.

Here's a pic of her hip:

And her armpit:

Do you think these are related? What could it be?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momintraining02
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:16 PM

IDk---could it be from your detergent? 

Mom to Taylor and Alaina--Wife to my Best Friend--living life one day at a time!!!

Brandie_xo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:17 PM

could be / looks like an allergic reaction

My daughter is fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

baby

TinaNichole

I've been using Dreft since she was born and it's never given her any problems

Quoting momintraining02:

IDk---could it be from your detergent? 

sbilbo

I don't know if they are related...but my daughter had a rash that looked kinda like that but it was on her neck and face. The doc just told me it was a viral rash...

casey940
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:19 PM

looks like eczema (dry skin). we found out yesterday that my 14 month old has it. they gave us a cream to use, it's nothing major i don't think. it started on his cheeks, went to his arms, then stomach, and then his legs

kmgehweiler
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:19 PM

I wish I had some help for you, has she had any shots recently, or eaten anything?

Forgive your enemies but never forget their names. -JFK

momintraining02
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM

My dd had a rash like that at one time but she only got it when she had been to my MIL's we never did figure out what it was...it would be all over her body and face.

Have you changed dryer sheets or anything---the reason I ask is I did this once and I had the allergic reaction----never would have thought that would cause a problem but it did. 

Mom to Taylor and Alaina--Wife to my Best Friend--living life one day at a time!!!

sarahbearamommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM

pink eye is usually not cleared up by drops anyway.  the most common form of pinkeye is viral which is usually passed from contact.  bacterial pinkeye needs drops which are an antibiotic.  it most likely isnt pink eye, if it went away and is back again.  you should contact your regulay pedi and get her in.  it could be something more serious.  rash's can sometimes mean something serious.  they are usually just a dermatitis issue, but there are other things that can cause a rash that one might not suspect.  i recommend you get another opinion.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

TinaNichole
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:21 PM

No shots since her 2mo ckup, she's due for some next week though, and she's exclusively breastfed... i can't think of anything new/different that i've eaten...

Quoting kmgehweiler:

I wish I had some help for you, has she had any shots recently, or eaten anything?

AshMomToShawn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:23 PM

Did she have a fever before this rash occured?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)