Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats your indoor hobbies? I need some ideas..

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello all,

I'm depresed!! I want to find a wah job but cant do anything right now. I have a medical disability and i stay inside the home the majority of the time. I need to find something to do that can get my mind off of my illness. Feel free and tell me what you all like to do and help me out. Thank you!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrOuDMoMmY8276
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:35 PM

i love to crochet baby blankets.

tanya_marieh
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:35 PM
I knit, scrap book, and read. I hope that helps you out.
alliesmom112
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I love to scrapbook. It is alot of fun and gives me something to do with the thousands of pictures I take all the time.

aecooper
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:37 PM

I also scrapbook and read

mamivon2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:39 PM

well you can add me to yahoo messenger momluvsjandj@yahoo.com

or find me in facebook under sandra freeze (the one with the dog) and then we can chat. Or you can write a book about your life, sing a song, dance, declutter the house, paint, watch tv, play online games, draw, make jewelry and sell online, make clothes online and sell...

PolandMomof3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I sew and scrapbook but my fav is sewing i make curtains for my house and throw pillows and stuff for the kids, i dont wah because hubby and i dont believe in that when i am a sahm but i also love to do things like making crafts and pereparingthe homeschool lessons , now thats a chore lol but i love it for.

I am a hippie SAHM,  tattoo having ,easy going, cigarette smoking, homeschooling,earth loving,pacifier giving,  mom and wife who doesnt care what anyone else thinks, I don't judge you so don't judge me kinda person

clwlockey
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Quoting alliesmom112:

I love to scrapbook. It is alot of fun and gives me something to do with the thousands of pictures I take all the time.

me too and i make cards for people!!

Jillian
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM

I love to scrapbook but have found it expensive to start up. My sister showed me these

They are knittig looms these make hats

and there are long looms that can make scarves, blankets, or shawls

I love my looms and you can whip out hats really fast. If you really get into it you may be able to try to sell them i haven't but i've thought of it. I hope this helps i also read a lot but  i like to do this more. i got mine at micheal craftstores they may have then at walmart too.

baby

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

SarahD3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I love scrapbookking, my sister got me into it. I have a scrapbook for each child and then one will all the kids together and then one for sports plus some that have everything else in it.  It can be expensive but if you go to dollar general or dollar tree you can usually find some really nice stuff at a good price.

brit.sharpe
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Well, im stuck in the house alot too. I make hair flowers, i like to do my hair in the 40s style-pin up girl type thing... You can get a box of the silver clips at Sally Beauty Co and then ANY fake flowers you like...pick the flowers off and and hot glue em on. I put a very small peice of felt inside the clip and then glue to flower on top of the clip, that way it doesnt stick together and still looks gorgeous! I was selling these, but where i live just doesnt permit...this is a VERY small town and like everyone that lives here is retired....im moving soon though.  I also paint. I do the one-stroke painting, REALLY FUN. You just need a  bunch of different brushes and paints that you like and you can paint little decor on ANYthing. Donna Dewberry has books and tutorials on one stroke painting...you should  check it out.  Its alot of fun. I do CafeMom of course, too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)