Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

man kills his family and himself....

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM
  • 19 Replies

A man in California killed his 5 children (twin boys, twin girls and another girl I think), his wife and himself after losing his job.  I know times are tough but my gosh!  Their oldest child was 8.  How terrible is that?  I mean there were other things he could have done, like I don't know getting another job.  He faxed a letter to the TV station minutes before doing it and then called the police and told them that he came home to his family dead.  The TV station also called the police.  The police arrived just minutes late and could even smell the gunpowder residue in the air upon arrival at the house.  The article is on AOL.

pregnancy week by week
babies
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrOuDMoMmY8276
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:50 PM

oh wow this world is crazy anymore.

sylviapike26
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:55 PM

It's unbelievable if you ask me.

pregnancy week by week
babies
tornintwo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM

what some crazy ass people won't do for Five minutes of fame...He was probably fired for  theft at his job.. Wow I hope he burns in hell..It's bad all over .There will probably be more of these types of things happening..as time goes on..

AmelieH
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM

gotta say, in that situation, if I felt that helpless, i would only kill myself

i edited this

LoveMyBugs
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I agree this is heinous but I'm curious about how his crazy behaviour means he was a thief? And it's not really five minutes of fame if he's dead - is it?

Quoting tornintwo:

what some crazy ass people won't do for Five minutes of fame...He was probably fired for  theft at his job.. Wow I hope he burns in hell..It's bad all over .There will probably be more of these types of things happening..as time goes on..

GlitterAmberCatchyCreationbyAmy.gif picture by preemiemommy
frankiezmama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:39 PM

heres the story.. it is so sad..

LOS ANGELES - A medical technician fatally shot his wife, five young children and himself Monday after claiming in a note to a TV station that he and his wife both had just been fired from their jobs. Police urged those facing tough economic times to get help rather than resort to violence.

"Today our worst fear was realized," Los Angeles Deputy Chief Kenneth Garner said. "It's just not a solution. There's just so many ways you find alternatives to doing something so horrific and drastic as this."

In the letter he faxed to a TV station, Ervin Lupoe claimed he and his wife both had been fired and that she suggested they kill themselves and their children, too.

"Why leave the children to a stranger?" the man wrote, according to KABC-TV.

Although the fax asserted that the woman was involved, police Lt. John Romero said Lupoe was the suspect in the murders.

'Should have blown your brains out'
KABC reported that the man claimed in the fax that a medical center administrator rebuffed them when they showed up to work, told them to file a union grievance and said, "You should have blown your brains out."

The Kaiser Permanente statement made no comment on the claims in Lupoe's fax. Police described the fax but did not release the detail reported by KABC.

"He was going through some critical situations at the job, that's what he described in that two-page letter, ongoing problems at the job, and that's what prompted him to take his own life and his family's, from what was said in the fax letter," Garner said.

Police said the child victims were an 8-year-old girl, twin 5-year-old girls and twin 2-year-old boys. Their names were not released. Lupoe's Web page on the Facebook social networking site showed smiling photos of the children.

'My whole family's been shot'
The TV station called police after receiving the fax, and a police communications center also received a call from a man who stated, "'I just returned home and my whole family's been shot,'" Garner said.

"There is a disconnect but we believe our suspect is the one who called," Garner said.

Officers rushed to the two-story home in Wilmington, near the sprawling twin ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, shortly before 8:30 a.m., apparently within minutes of the killings. Garner said the officers could still smell the gunshot residue and a revolver was found by the man's body.

The bodies of the girls and the father were in an upstairs bedroom. The mother and boys were in a bedroom downstairs.

tornintwo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM

well...for one he informed a tv station and I was just saying that the firing probably was cause HE wasn't up to par..I used theft as a broad example..Let's face it...Sane people do not Go kill their families and themselves..It had to have showed to his employers and they let him go..so theft or mental illness or whatever the cause..His family and him are still dead..The depression era had all the same components.. Ya think?

Quoting LoveMyBugs:

I agree this is heinous but I'm curious about how his crazy behaviour means he was a thief? And it's not really five minutes of fame if he's dead - is it?

Quoting tornintwo:

tornintwo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:06 PM

This is very sad....But a cop out all the same..

Quoting frankiezmama:

heres the story.. it is so sad..

LOS ANGELES - A medical technician fatally shot his wife, five young children and himself Monday after claiming in a note to a TV station that he and his wife both had just been fired from their jobs. Police urged those facing tough economic times to get help rather than resort to violence.

"Today our worst fear was realized," Los Angeles Deputy Chief Kenneth Garner said. "It's just not a solution. There's just so many ways you find alternatives to doing something so horrific and drastic as this."

In the letter he faxed to a TV station, Ervin Lupoe claimed he and his wife both had been fired and that she suggested they kill themselves and their children, too.

"Why leave the children to a stranger?" the man wrote, according to KABC-TV.

Although the fax asserted that the woman was involved, police Lt. John Romero said Lupoe was the suspect in the murders.

'Should have blown your brains out'
KABC reported that the man claimed in the fax that a medical center administrator rebuffed them when they showed up to work, told them to file a union grievance and said, "You should have blown your brains out."

The Kaiser Permanente statement made no comment on the claims in Lupoe's fax. Police described the fax but did not release the detail reported by KABC.

"He was going through some critical situations at the job, that's what he described in that two-page letter, ongoing problems at the job, and that's what prompted him to take his own life and his family's, from what was said in the fax letter," Garner said.

Police said the child victims were an 8-year-old girl, twin 5-year-old girls and twin 2-year-old boys. Their names were not released. Lupoe's Web page on the Facebook social networking site showed smiling photos of the children.

'My whole family's been shot'
The TV station called police after receiving the fax, and a police communications center also received a call from a man who stated, "'I just returned home and my whole family's been shot,'" Garner said.

"There is a disconnect but we believe our suspect is the one who called," Garner said.

Officers rushed to the two-story home in Wilmington, near the sprawling twin ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, shortly before 8:30 a.m., apparently within minutes of the killings. Garner said the officers could still smell the gunshot residue and a revolver was found by the man's body.

The bodies of the girls and the father were in an upstairs bedroom. The mother and boys were in a bedroom downstairs.

paulaann811
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Yes, I read that story in todays Daily News.  There is a family picture of them on the internet, a beautiful family.  It is so sad that he felt so desparate, some people can not deal with having to struggle.  Sounds like he just  snapped.  There were so many different avenues he could have taken.  I hate to say it but he should have just killed himself. 

cpatt
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I read this article this morning.  Are they sure that it wasn't the wife who killed the children and herself and then he killed himself upon finding them?  The phone call seems strange.  Either way, it is very sad and disturbing!!!

Cassie Patt
Mom of 4 Sons
As moms, we need to know what is going on in our children's schools!!!
Teleparent.net
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)