Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Once upon a child

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken their old baby clothes to a used clothing store...the one around my house is called once upon a child...i was just wondering if they paid ok money for the used clothes....and if it would even be worth taking over there

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momto3girls0620
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:53 PM
KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I can't stand that store.   I took in a brand new pair of dress shoes that my daughter outgrew before she got a chance to wear them and they were only willing to give me a $1,40 for them i got more selling them on craigslist

IhartU
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I've taken tons of nice , gently worn clothes (some brand new) there and gotten half of them back and was paid like a few bucks for what they DID take. You'd be better off having a yard sale in the summer.

jazzyandpat
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:58 PM

i wouldnt waste your time with them... i took in 2 big bags full one time. alot of them was brand new never used some was used but still looked like brandnew. they told me they couldnt use them because they was stained.. i talked to a few friends and they loughed and asked if they was high or what. they was shocked because of how nice the clothes was and they wouldnt take them.

aecooper
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:59 PM

I would have to agree, I took a large trash bag full of clothes that were gently used with no stains they wanted 4 things and offered around $4.00 for it.  One was a really cute dress that was $30 and only worn once and they were going to give me a dollar for it.

kalio
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:00 PM

I would try craigslist, I have had a lot of success selling used clothing on there!

MS
we need to find a cure.

Are you a young mom? Feel you have no one to go to?
Want someone to trust and can ask them anything without fear of being judged?
If so,come check out Big Sister's. We're here to help you! :]
Or do you want to become a Big Sister?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/bigsisters

Dconnorsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:05 PM

My best friend sold her DD clothes on e-day and got almost what she paid for them 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)