Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

am i being selfish?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

my fiance and i are trying to pick a wedding date. I have always wanted to get married in October and he want the date to be something "cool" so he wanted October 10, 2010.. 10/10/10. Well i would be ok with that, except that his ex-girlfriend that he was very serious with is getting married that day too. He thinks i am being ridiculous that i dont want my special day to be the same as hers. Its just weird to me and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I dont know why he is stuck on that date. We could come up with more "cool" dates, as he would say, but he is persisting on this one. Am i being selfish or is he being inconsiderate?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jillbailey26
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:01 PM

What about August 9th, 2010 (08-09-10)

How did you even find out that it was her wedding date too?  I wouldn't want it to be the same date because whenever it's your anniversary, you'll always link it to her, that it's hers too.

~Jill~

laddaddid
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Did he know in advance of suggesting that date that she was getting married on that day too?  If so, I would probably agree with you.   If he did not, then who cares about her.  You cannot live your life with a new husband letting women from his past control it.  Please don't give them that kind of poewr over you and your decision making.  Be happy with your future husband and put her in the past where she belongs.  :-)

kalio
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:03 PM

How do you know she is getting married that day? Is she a baby mama? If it were me I wouldn't care. Because it would be special for you two and you aren't doing it because of her. A lot of other people will be getting married that day too who cares if she is one of them!
Congrats!

MS
we need to find a cure.

Are you a young mom? Feel you have no one to go to?
Want someone to trust and can ask them anything without fear of being judged?
If so,come check out Big Sister's. We're here to help you! :]
Or do you want to become a Big Sister?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/bigsisters

bratmom3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:04 PM

WHY DOES IT BOTHER YOU? YOU ARE MARRYING HER EX!!!!   YOU GOT HIM, SHE DIDN'T AND SHE HAS MOVED ON JUST AS HE HAS!!!   I LIKE THE 10/10/10   THING!~  HE SURE CAN'T FORGET THAT DATE CAN HE?? LOL

taylansmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:04 PM

I know this is not what you are going to wan tot hear but why do you even care when she is ggetting married your wedding day is going to be about you and your husband not about her. by the tie the day comes you will not even have her on your mind. I think that the date is cool and I also think that it is nice that he wants to be apart of the planning aspect of it. alot of men are like "just tell me when to be there"

tornintwo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I agree... .. after a few years pass you'll like the fact it's easy to remember.. L.O.L.

Pick yer battles  darl'in....there will be bigger ones on though the years. Good Luck and congrats..

Quoting bratmom3:

WHY DOES IT BOTHER YOU? YOU ARE MARRYING HER EX!!!!   YOU GOT HIM, SHE DIDN'T AND SHE HAS MOVED ON JUST AS HE HAS!!!   I LIKE THE 10/10/10   THING!~  HE SURE CAN'T FORGET THAT DATE CAN HE?? LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)