Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little things you do to let your LO be involved...?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:55 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi there. Just curious as to what you moms do to make attempts at making you LO feel involved and the ages of you LOS?

My only daughter Alice is 14 1/2 months.

I pull a chair up to the sink and let her pertend to help me do the dishes. She mainly just splashes in the bubbly water. But she loves it!!

I pull her high chair up to the table so she can eat w/ us at the 'big girl table'.

When I pick up a mess (spilled puzzle pieces, cereal, toys, ect...) I encourage her to help me pick up. She get an applause each time she helps! She totally loves it espically when it comes to putting puzzle pieces back in the box.

I taught her how to throw trash in the garbage so she can help throw stuff away. She thinks its great. lol

Alice has a pet guinea pig and I take him out of his cage twice a day and let her feed him carrots.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
avegajenkins
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Awww thats sweet, I dont let my 19mo. old near our puppy ( mostly because our pup isnt done w, all his vaccines)

I dont let him get involved too much- he is into demolition LOL so the only thing he does do is pick things up LOL

expecting girllistening to tunesbaby boypuppy

Lexi & Q         Jada (11yrs)   Jaylen (1yrs.)    Diggy (2mos) PUG

austinsm0mmy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I try and keep my son involved in everything we're doing.  He two and half.  If I'm cooking I will let him mix ingredients or pour the packets in or whatever I can thats not hot and doesn't involved knives.

His job is to give his puppy water every morning and night, obviously it requires some help but he gets his puppy's water, and food.

I let him help unload the dish washer, he has a drawer with all his plates and cups in it so I let him put away all his plastic stuff.

He helps load the laundry machines I sort the laundry and he throws it in the machine. 

he helps pick up his toyes

I'm big on eating as a family so he has eaten at the table with us since he started on solid foods.

When we are grocery shopping I let him get out and pick out his cereal, juice, yogurt, etc.

Any time I see an opprotunity to let him help with something I do.  He enjoys it and it makes him feel like a big boy.  He doesn't have to do anything but keeping him involved keeps him occupied and makes my life easier.  plus i figure we are laying a good foundation for later years.

drinkingtoddler boy

Republican voting, wine drinking, working mom and Air Force Wife 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)