Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh no her moms gonna freak......

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I just changed my stepdaughter(14months) into her pj's for bed, and somehow throughout the day, she's gotten this really red bad looking rash on the insides of her thighs, maybe halfway between her knees, and the edges of her diaper......it really looks like maybe she got sweaty and her legs rubbed together while she was playing......well, the custody agreement is that until she starts school, they each have her every other month, and the  other parent gets her everyother weekend during their off month, well her mom is picking her up sunday for her month, and she will lose her mind.....any ideas on clearing it up fast?  This woman is a nut job seriously, she freaked out on me because I refuse to stick qtips in the baby's ears to clean them, and freaked out because well we live next to an open field, the next house is abandoned, and we had a field mouse that got in one time....she threatened to call CPS over that.....like I'm supposed to have magic field mouse repelent.....

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Butt paste, or Kroger brand diaper rash cream it has like 40% of the meds in it )

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown

If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? ~Author Unknown

shanriel
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM

yup butt paste works real good. GL

Quoting Aamy:

Butt paste, or Kroger brand diaper rash cream it has like 40% of the meds in it )

starleigh21
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:08 PM

try hydrocortizone or cortizone 10, any rashes my step-kids get those clear them up right away. Good Luck!

KittyD
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:09 PM

if you can while she is awake you can take off her diaper for a few hours...that usually helps my kids diaper rashes out a lot!

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

Fostersforbeer
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:11 PM

I am partial to desitin overnight relief..

but I use aquaphor on chapped areas like that. My daughters cheeks get chapped from her drooling and sleeping in her drool.. and the aquaphor clears that up super fast...

Christy644
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:13 PM

My SS gets diaper rash a lot. BM is a nut about it. I usually give him a nice bath, amke sure he's really clean, then let him run around butt naked for an hour or so. Then podwer the hell out of him before nap or bed. Usually by morning he's almost cleared up.

**it's stupid that we freak out over soemthing so dumb. Kids get diaper rashes. It happens. And then theres people like us that panic because of the crap we go thru about it.

bratmom3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM

the best thing you can get is this stuff called AQUAFOR. (look for it by the lotions in the makeup area, or ask the pharmacist to help you find it!!! .. it used to be prescription only but now you can get it at Wal Mart, it costs around 6 bucks, but it's well worth it!! It clears up the rash almost immediately!!!   my son's pediatrician used to prescribe it because everytime my son was on antibiotics he got really bad diarrhea which resulted in the raw red rash and it was the best stuff!!!!    Please try it and let me know how things go!

bratmom3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM

EXACTLY!!!!

Quoting Fostersforbeer:

I am partial to desitin overnight relief..

but I use aquaphor on chapped areas like that. My daughters cheeks get chapped from her drooling and sleeping in her drool.. and the aquaphor clears that up super fast...

bratmom3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:16 PM

MAY I SUGGEST INSTEAD OF THE POWDER TO USE CORN STARCH??? MUCH BETTER, THE POWDER IS FULL OF PERFUME STUFF THAT TENDS TO IRRITATE THE RASH ...

Quoting Christy644:

My SS gets diaper rash a lot. BM is a nut about it. I usually give him a nice bath, amke sure he's really clean, then let him run around butt naked for an hour or so. Then podwer the hell out of him before nap or bed. Usually by morning he's almost cleared up.

**it's stupid that we freak out over soemthing so dumb. Kids get diaper rashes. It happens. And then theres people like us that panic because of the crap we go thru about it.

austinsm0mmy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:18 PM

Burts Bees Diaper Ointment works wonders for us.  It usually clears up a bad rash in a day or two if you keep applying and let the skin breath.

drinkingtoddler boy

Republican voting, wine drinking, working mom and Air Force Wife 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)