Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!! Freaking out a bit EDIT UPDATE IN RED

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 6 Replies

Has anyone ever had an ectopic pregnancy? What were your symptoms? Especially if it happened with an IUD like the Mirena.

I have the Mirena and have been having a ton of pain in my lower abdomen and pelvic area and low back pain, all mostly on the right side as well as some spotting and dizziness. I don't know what is going on but I was reading stuff about Mirena and it had mentioned an ectopic pregnancy. Well, I don't know much about them.

Any help is appreciated! DH is on the way to the store to get pee tests. Do they show up on regular test????

Pregnancy test said negative. So it's probably not that. Now I don't know what it is. I think I should wait until the morning and then call my OB if I'm still hurting or if it gets worse go to the ER. TY ladies for all the advice though and I hope nothing turns out to be wrong.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
babysmama03
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Never had an ectopic pregnancy but I did get pregnant while on it (well it had fallen out and noone knew) in fact she is due in 23 more days lol

pregnancy due date
Aamy
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I would skip the pee sticks and call your DR, go to the ER or a urgent care place. If it IS a eptopic pregnancy, you dont want to sit around with it. It can do a lot of damage. GL hun i would go see a DR ASAP !!

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown

If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? ~Author Unknown

milmiracle
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM

If u have an eptopic pregnancy it does show on tests but I don't know if the pharmacy one or the blood and if so it's not a viable pregnancy at all.  Good Luck and check w/ your doctor. 

Brandy.B
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Not the easiest thing right now though. I would have to call an ambulance. We have an ice storm here in OK and I couldn't go myself so woudl have to get sitter for kids or soemthing! GAH! I don't know I'm just scared shiitless

Quoting Aamy:

I would skip the pee sticks and call your DR, go to the ER or a urgent care place. If it IS a eptopic pregnancy, you dont want to sit around with it. It can do a lot of damage. GL hun i would go see a DR ASAP !!

Brandy.B
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM

IT FELL OUT and you did not know?! holy crap

Quoting babysmama03:

Never had an ectopic pregnancy but I did get pregnant while on it (well it had fallen out and noone knew) in fact she is due in 23 more days lol

pd4now82
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I agree.... one of my friends had this (not sure if she had any IUD or not) but she was having extreme/intense pain and went to have it checked out.  She didn't know she had an ectopic pregnancy until then, and it had causeda lot of complications (she had a lot of blood loss too, not just some spotting, but like heavy period which is why she was going in to ER), and because of the complications if she had waited, she could have lost her life.  I wish I remembered all the details to it, but I don't. 

If you're in any doubt over this, I'd still go in to have it checked out for sure!  Better safe than sorry!

Quoting Aamy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)