Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Casa D'Ice Solution To Closing GITMO

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

bill balsamico, owner of the casa d'ice restaurant in pittsburgh, had the following message on his billboard today. pretty sound advice if you ask me...

"CLOSE GITMO IMMEDIATELY. RELEASE ALL PRISONERS FROM THE BACK CARGO DOOR OF A C-130 AIRCRAFT AT AN ALTITUDE OF 20,000 FT. OVER MECCA AND MEDINA"

laughing

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cass0289
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM

clappingshouting

Kristjansmama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:28 PM

Too bad he is such a horrible human being.....sometimes he has a valid point. 

Cass0289
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM

BTW AMERICA comes with a CAPITOL A

Quoting PolandMomof3:

Someof the men in there have never even been to trial and that is not american justice. I dont think you would like of that was your SO or spouse or family in there that has been shut in there tortured with no trial. I wouldnt want that on anyone i dont care what they are accused of , give them the trial they deserve and if they are guilty then punish them if not set them free.

bluescape
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Quoting Cass0289:

Well I am not married to a criminal terrorist so I can't really say much there.

Quoting PolandMomof3:

Someof the men in there have never even been to trial and that is not american justice. I dont think you would like of that was your SO or spouse or family in there that has been shut in there tortured with no trial. I wouldnt want that on anyone i dont care what they are accused of , give them the trial they deserve and if they are guilty then punish them if not set them free.

cass omg, i was just gonna say the EXACT SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

high fivei don't now, nor do i plan in the future to have any loved ones who are terrorist prisoners...

BabyMama808
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:31 PM

IMO, that's not funny.

Cass0289
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:33 PM

I think that if you were the mother, daughter, sister, etc. of one who got killed  you would not be so FOR letting them have a trial.

Quoting PolandMomof3:

I am sorry but this frustrates me to no end why dont you look up what happens to people in there , people who have been accused but had no trial i guess i didnt realize some people could be so cold but guess what someof you are so cold you need to spend some time getting treated they way they have and see how it feels. America is all about justice but where is the justice with no trial and just getting locked up and tortured so you are entitled to your opinion but befoer you speak about something you really know not much about look it up online and get the FACTS .

bluescape
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Quoting PolandMomof3:

I am sorry but this frustrates me to no end why dont you look up what happens to people in there , people who have been accused but had no trial i guess i didnt realize some people could be so cold but guess what someof you are so cold you need to spend some time getting treated they way they have and see how it feels. America is all about justice but where is the justice with no trial and just getting locked up and tortured so you are entitled to your opinion but befoer you speak about something you really know not much about look it up online and get the FACTS .

what makes you think i'm speaking about something i don't know much about? did it ever occur to you that maybe i just DISAGREE with you?

austinsm0mmy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:38 PM

I'm sorry but this frustrate ME!! under Article 84 of the Geneva Convention which governs how we treat POW and how we expect our POW to be treated it clearly says

Article 84. In no circumstances whatever shall a prisoner of war be tried by a court of any kind which does not offer the essential guarantees of independence and impartiality.

why don't you google it!

Quoting PolandMomof3:

drinkingtoddler boy

Republican voting, wine drinking, working mom and Air Force Wife 

Cass0289
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Gee then if I were one of your family members I sure as hell would not be to happy about you sticking up for them!  I never said you didn't know anything but I still think the joke is funny.

Quoting PolandMomof3:

Really i hav ehad 2 family members killed by terrorist acts and i still feel this way not to mention my gpa fought for this country and so did my brother and i have a cousin and several friends fighting overseas now so before you speak about what i know and dont know getto know me before you attack my opinion.

Quoting Cass0289:

I think that if you were the mother, daughter, sister, etc. of one who got killed  you would not be so FOR letting them have a trial.

Quoting PolandMomof3:

kmgehweiler
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Well I and my husband got a laugh out of it :)

Forgive your enemies but never forget their names. -JFK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)