Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My poor baby...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM
  • 12 Replies

My poor daughter has a awful cold....shes having these coughing fits and I dont know what to do....she's sleeping in my room tonight cause I'm scared to have my baby far away. She doesn't have a fever or anything...the cold moved to her chest...any idea what I can do to help her?!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tasha040607
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

a humidefier,baby vivks and depending on her age her dr might perscribe her some cough meds...bump

sarie86
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:48 PM

She's only 7 months old...Shes SCARING US REALLY BAD!

Quoting tasha040607:

a humidefier,baby vivks and depending on her age her dr might perscribe her some cough meds...bump

Dconnorsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:50 PM

when in doubt take her to the ER 

1Anita1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:52 PM

New survey suggested that vicks is not good for young children.

If it is a chest cold, as per suggested take the baby to the ER.

smilie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I agree, take her to the ER

austinsm0mmy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I agree if you are really worried take her the ER.  you can try saline drops to help her congestion, and humidifier.  If you don't have a humidifier try running the shower really hot and sitting in the bathroom with all the steam.

Also if she will sleep in her carseat  or swing that sometimes helps because it keeps their heads elevated making it easier for her to breath.  But DO NOT prop her up on a pillow.

drinkingtoddler boy

Republican voting, wine drinking, working mom and Air Force Wife 

lisahub40
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Take her to the Doctor asap. My granddaughter started coughing back before christmas and  it got really bad. The Dr. at that thought she only had a cold but it got worse and had take to the ER and they diagnosed her with RSV. They made a follow up appointment with her Dr. for the following Tuesday and he sent her to the hospital by ambulance from the his office because she had to oxygen. Anyway she spent her first christmas in the hospital on oxygen and IVs. So be safe have her checked for RSV.

lisahub40
CatRose15
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:03 AM

If it is cold where you live - take her outside for a minute or two (bundled of course) but so that her nose and mouth are uncovered to breath in the cold air - and then bring her back in where it is warm - even to the bathroom with the hot water running and steam her.  Just be prepared, it may make her throw up once the stuff starts moving if it goes to her tummy. 

I get weird looks from people when I tell them I do this, but its the same as when adults go outside and come in with runny noses - the cold air helps break up whats in you and you can cough or blow it out.  And when you go from really cold to hot and steamy, it just helps that much more. 

I am a: vaccinating; pro-choice; organic food eating; full-time working; single mom

toddler girl

ThinkTwice08
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I'm very sorry to hear about your little one. Its possible it could be whooping cough (or the doctors will call it Croup if she's been vaccinated for it), or it could be RSV. Read the information below and consider researching the possiblity that vaccines cause FAR more damage than they do good.  As moms it's time we stand up and ask why our generation has SOO many sickly babies when they are MORE vaccinated than any time in history????                                    I hope she is feeling better soon..............

Thousands of viruses and other potentially infectious micro-organisms thrive in monkeys and cows, the preferred animals for making polio vaccines [83:159]. SV-40, SIV, and BSE associated transmissible agents are just three of the disease-causing agents researchers have isolated. For example, scientists have known since 1955 that monkeys host the “B” virus, foamy agent virus, haemadsorption viruses, the LCM virus, arboviruses, and more [157]. Bovine immunodeficiency virus (BIV), similar in genetic structure to HIV, was recently found in some cows [103:100]. In 1956, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) was discovered in chimpanzees [158]. According to Dr. Viera Scheibner, who studied more than 30,000 pages of medical papers dealing with vacci-nation, RSV viruses “formed prominent contaminants in polio vaccines, and were soon detected in children [159].” They caused serious cold-like symptoms in small infants and babies who received the polio vaccine [159]. In 1961, the Journal of the American Medical Association published two studies confirming a causal relationship between RSV and “relatively severe lower respiratory tract illness [160].” The virus was found in 57 percent of infants with bronchiolitis or pneumonia, and in 12 percent of babies with a milder febrile respiratory disease [161]. Infected babies remained ill for three to five months [161]. RSV was also found to be contagious, and soon spread to adults where it has been linked to the common cold [162]. Today, RSV infects virtually all infants by the age of two years, and is the most common cause of bronchiolitis and pneumonia among infants and children under one year of age [163]. It also causes severe respiratory disease in the elderly [164]. RSV re-mains highly contagious and results in thousands of hospitalizations every year; many people die from it [165]. Ironically, scientists are developing a vaccine to combat RSV [166]Cthe infectious agent that very likely entered the human population by way of a vaccine [159]. http://www.vaccinetruth.org/page_15.htm

Mason20080713
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Turn the shower on as hot as you can get it and close the door to the bathroom and sit in there with your baby for a little bit.  That's one of the things that our dr. told us to do when Mason was sick like that and it really helped.  I had to do it a couple times a day but right before bed was a good time because then they will sleep better after getting all cleared out.  The humidifier and lots of fluids (water)  will help to.  Also, when you put your baby to bed put your baby on a bit of an incline, like a wedge/pillow/folded blanket/etc. and that will help her to breath better while she is asleep as well.  Good luck.

Krysi-Mason's proud mama :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)