Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

daughter coughing

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

my duaghter is 4yrs old and lately she has been sick. today more than any she has been coughing all day long.  i give her home made lemon tea that is very good for her, i have given her a cold and cough medicine, i have given her honey to coat her throat. i have given her warm liquids, and plenty of liquids through out the day.  i just cant seem to get her to stop coughing.  i dont have a humidifier but soon i am gona put her in a warm tub and hopefully the steam will help her.  does anyone else have any other suggestions. please, im running out of options.  she is not running a fever and she has only puked a little bit once today because of coughing to much(she said she had a noodle stuck in her throat from lunch and once she got it out she was better for a little bit).

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommyneedssleep
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM

try  vicks vapor rub on her chest it works wonders on my 4 year old. and me ha ha... good luck hope she feels better soon

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:36 PM

My daughter has been coughing pretty badly lately i ended up taking her to the doctor because cough was getting worse and i was afraid it was bronchitis or something like that.  She has strep throat and an ear infection in both ears

pandermom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM

use baby vicks not as bad as smell, but put it on her feet too, with socks. I have no ideal what it does because it gets rid of the cough by morning. Every time my son starts to cough and it seems like it going past a day I put the baby vicks on at night and by morning it's gone.

hope she feels better.

babydear1980
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:03 PM

thank you for the advice, i put the vicks on her earlier but it didnt seem to do much but i will defenitely put it on her tonight, shes in the tub right now and it seems to be helping a little bit and i just put a pan of water on our oil heater to help humidify the air, if she hasn't stopped coughing tomorrow morning i will take her to our family doctor.

thank you again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)