Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

res splotches on 9 month olds tummy? help!?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:01 PM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is 9 months old and has developed red spotches about the size of a dime to a nickel. My husband thinks its eczema, and it sounds like it from the describtions I have read. She has one on the back of each thigh, on the backs of both arms, near her elbows and 6 or so on her tummy! They very from rough bumpy area to rough bumpy and pink. Any one have any advice? Thinking to call her dr tomorrow. If it is eczema any suggetions on how to treat it? And does it itch or hurt it looks like it would. Maybe i can post a picture tomorrow. Thanks!

lesbians

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
steph2884
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:04 PM

It sounds like eczema to me. My son has it, but when he was a newborn it was severe and nothing would help it. I recommend Baby Eczema Cream by Gentle Naturals. It doesn't have a bunch of ingredients in it, and it works well on my son now (he's 17 months). You can also try Eucerine and vaseline.

pregnancy calendar

baby

samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I have that and been diagnosed as eczema. Mine Are The Same Way Just Put Some Hydrocortisone on it twice daily and it will clear up...i let mine go for awhile and ended up looking like someone bleached spots on my skin but they didnt its eczema and it cleared right up now you wouldnt tell the difference..

face84
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 PM

my son has that.  we went to the doctor yesterday and she said to change his soap to dye and sent free and the same with the laundry detergent we use.  Also, after his shower/ bath to rub him down with vasoline, or lotion with vasoline in it so that it holds in his mositure.  She also gave us a big tube of tricinclome (sp?) ointment and we have to put it on him 2-3 times a day if the spots itch.  Hope that helps you out momma!!!

casie0306
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:05 PM

i would maybe put some body butter on her  sent free to see if that helps my daughter haddry skin and thats was i did good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)