Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This could happen to you!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM
  • 64 Replies

This past Sunday was my youngest sons third birthday and the scariest thing that could possibly happen happened. I was in my bathroom getting ready for church and Peyton my son  had already had his bath but he wanted to play which is not unusual for him. I usually let him while I fix my hair. Anyway he laying in the bathtub pretending to swim and then he wanted out. I went to get him out. We had these big mirrors around our tub 4'X4' and out of the corner of my eye as went to get him out I saw one of them start to fall. I tried to catch it but it was just to heavy even though I wouldn't let go of it as it fell on my 3 yr old. I screamed and his dad came running and when he seen what had happened he also started screaming. My hands were still under the mirror and I had to lift the mirror so his dad could pick him up and that is when I got a glimpse of his injury. We had to call 911 to get him to the hospital because there was no way we take him in the car, injuries to bad. I rode with him to the hospital. The whole time this is going on and all these people are working on my son he is completely calm. He screamed when the mirror fail on him and that was it. I was afraid he was in shock but he wasn't. The only other time he cried was when they had to give him a shot at the hospital to put him to sleep so they could sew him up. Any way he ended up with over thirty stitches. The worst was so deep it nicked a muscle deep enough it had to be stitched also. The Dr. said he stopped counting at thirty. The reason I am posting this please if you mirrors around your house and especially around the bathtub make sure they are securely fastened to your wall or this could happen to you. I am including pictures of him so you can see the damage this did.

lisahub40
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fostersforbeer
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:35 PM

holy moly! glad he is okya.. but you may wnat to put a warning in the title..

because I was not expecting to see that.

wells75904
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:35 PM

OMG poor baby! I hope he gets to feeling better soon, I am glad I have no mirrors around my bathtub

I am a PROUD Vaccinating, Circumcising, Spanking, CIO,  FORWARD Facing before 12mo, republican voting, disposable diapering, buying junk food with my food stamps, Public school sending, PRO LIFE under ALL circumstances (abortion is murder), anti-gay marriage, Israel Supporting, Church going, Christian SAHM mom who knows the bible is literal truth from cover to cover.  I don't tip unless you EARN it, you don't get a tip just because you don't make that much money so learn to wait on me good or find another job with a guaranteed income, I think the war in Iraq was justified and we should finish , not pull troops out, I dont like Obama but I am patriotic enough to respect his office, None of this makes me a bad mama any more than your decisions make you one.

AshMomToShawn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM

That poor baby give him a hug for me, I hope he heals soon!

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Wow--poor guy. I'm glad he's okay.

Mom2Kelsey
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:37 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!! THIS MAKES ME SAD!!!!!!!! POOR BABY!!! I WOULD HAVE FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

startrace96

OMG I hope he feels better soon!!!

feel better

AzaleaCheerMom

Oh my gosh poor baby...poor mama. So sorry you all had to go through this. I hope his boo boo's heal fast.

hugs

kartersmommy820
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM

im sooo sorry that happend to your baby :(  I bet you were scared to death. I want to cry just looking at it. simple frown

`

kameronsmommy08

aww poor baby, I hope he gets well soon 

jennifer16

How scary.  How did it fall, was ir hanging on a wall!!  Mirrors always scare me because my mom had one fall on her when she was little.  I am glad he is okay!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)