Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gettin my daughrer to sleep in her own bed

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

my daughter is 15 months old and she has been sleeping with me since she was born but now i would like to get her to sleep in her own bed or crib. but when i try she just crys and crys. i need a little bit of advice please help me thanks

Jenni-Lynne

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jillian
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Thats about the age my DD was when we started. She was a cosleeper. She hated her crib to we just put her in a toddlerbed with a rail. We had to start a routine so we brush her teeth, pick out stories change her diaper put on jammies and i sit by her bed read her the story/or 2 kive her a hug and kiss and tell her i'll get her in the morning when the sun is shining. She sleeps with a fan on for white niose and I play a bed time cd once through for her she's always asleep by the time it's over. We did the cio thing and it's the only thing that worked for me. She still everyonce inawhile will have a bad night and she cries but to night was fine. It will take a few days but you'll both get it. and try to have a regualr time for bed too.

EvieandBella
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM

try swaddling again. thats what worked for me. it made her feel like i was still holding her.

MommyMarjorie
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Hi:

My son is almost 3 months.  He sleeps with us. We did this so that we could monitor him.  Make sure he was breathing and ok while infant. Unfortunately, n the proces, we create bed what I call bed monsters.  It is unfortunate for the kids when they are older. Maybe what you could do is two nights a week, let her sleep in her own bed and deal with the crying (very hard though). As time goes on, more and more put her in her own bed.  I think eventually, she will get use to it.  Hope this helps!

Marjorie DiCarlo RN, BSN,MBA

j_crowe
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 12:27 AM

thanks for all of the advice

Jenni-Lynne

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)