Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Need of Help!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM
  • 15 Replies

My 17 month old little girl has a rash and the boudreaux's but paste isn't working. I'm probably going to take her to the pediatrician tomorrow, but I was wondering if there might be a home remedy out there. She isn't sleeping very well tonight, and I think that is the problem. Any advice would be awesome.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmyree2207
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:57 PM

mix corn starch and water

If anyone ever needs advice on relationships like marriage, friends, family, or thinking about divorce or you are divorced and need help with your es husband?.....join this new group!!!

www.cafemom.com/group/need_advice
samanthasmom05
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:00 AM

Well i can give you a little advice from what my daughter has right now...itook my daughter to the peds the other day to have her looked at and this is what they did and told me...they did a catheter and tested it to see if there was anything in her urine well that came out as nothing they sent us home with nothing..well last night it was really bad and gotten worse it seemed like she couldnt sleep and she was crying because it was irritating her well come to find out last night at the acute care that it was a really bad yeast infection and i gave her diaper cream on it, baby powder on it, and even gave her a baking soda bath well she said now dont put anything in the water with her just plain luke warm water and dont use anything to put on it and gave her a medication to help it that she takes orally. she said she dont see how they didnt tell us that 3 days go when it looks like its been there...so yeah me and the peds are going to go around in circles with each other thats the second time they have done that...time for a new one i think...so maybe thats wat she has too.they also told me to try putting a little bit of that vaginal cream that we would use..cant think of the name darn it...but if that clears it up then thats what it is..but i would still take her and have it checked..good luck mama.

housewife77
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:05 AM

My daughter always gets irritated if I have nothing I will use vaseline. Most dr's will say let them run around without a diaper, I know you dont want to hear that because it could get messy. I would try vaseline, I tried other things for rashes but they seemed to burn or sting her and just making it worse.

HaydensMommy007
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:05 AM

put baking soda in a warm bath and let your DD soak for a while

Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream.

LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:10 AM

If the paste isn't working it probably isn't a diaper rash but something more serious. Ex: yeast infection or bacterial infection.

My daughters used to get both. I would think it was just diaper rash, but then none of the diaper rash creams or pastes would work. That's how I knew it was something different.

lilsmom02
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:16 AM

I don't mind the no diaper thing at all. If it makes her better I can handle it. So, if I let her go "free" don't use anything, or use the vaseline if she wears a diaper, right?

lilsmom02
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Thanks for your help everybody. I really appreciate it:)

housewife77
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:22 AM

I would probably still put vaseline on it because its a protectant, and it should soothe it some until you can get her to the doctor.

brookies_mommy
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:53 AM

Give her a bath with baking soda in it! IT HELPS!! my daughter has ezema and really goes a long way when she flairs up.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/september2005

madelyn06
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM

THIS HELPED MY DAUGHTER:  WHEN WIPING HER USE PAPER TOWEL AND WET IT WITH WARM WATER. DONT USE BABY WIPES EVEN THE UNSENTED ONES. BUY AVEENO BABY SOOTHING BATH TREATMENTFOR DIPER RASH, AND USE IT BEFORE BED TIME. AND DURING THE DAY IF POSSIBLE LET HER/HIM STAY WITH OUT A DIPER FOR A WHILE. THIS SHOULD HELP. IT SHOULD TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS BUT IT WORKS. USE DESITIN DIAPER RASH CREAM.

P.S IF SHE CRYS WHEN YOUR WIPING HER WITH THE PAPER TOWEL DONT WORRY ITS NATURAL. JUST MAKE SURE IT COMPLETELY WET.

CRYSTAL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)