Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What part doesn't he get???

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my husband and brother in law trade cars often since they run a limo company, which means that the carseats have to get moved around ALOT! Well the past couple of days my husband has been in the same car so there hasn't been any switching all he had to do was put the carseats back in and everything would have been fine (the youngest are 2 & 3)... well Tuesday I get a call from him asking if I would get the kids from school, which normally isnt a problem but we had alot of people out at work due to the flu so i was covering for a bunch of different people which included me taking the mail to the post office and drop it off... so I knew I would never make it to them on time... I asked what was going on that he was not able to do it and he said that there really wasn't a good reason he just didnt want to put the careseats in the car?! Red Flag - this means he took them to daycare without them being in a carseat!!!!! The first thing out of my mouth was you better put the carseats in because if something were to happen to them you would feel awful, and I would be extra pissed especially since it was your laziness that caused it!!!! He said he understood and would definitely put them in! So I get home that night and notice that they are still in the same spot in the garage that they were in when i left in the morning! So i walk in yelling at him... again i get the same I understand and i will go put them in before we go anywhere else. Well Yesterday before I left i told him "DO NOT FORGET TO PUT THE CARSEATS IN THE CAR" and got the no problem answer! The kids didnt go to daycare yesterday but they were driven all over town looking at homes with my husband and mother in law... and yes you guessed it NO CARSEATS! I did not notice the carseats when i got home but i did notice they were not in the car this morning... so he and his mother got an earful about if i lose a child or if they are hurt due to them being lazy they will never hear the end of it or i am sure i will end up in prison due to me killing them! What should i do? How would you handle this? I know I am not being over protective since it is against the law for them not to be in a carseat! PLEASE HELP!

~ Michelle ~

Mommy of 3 --- Kayla Michelle (9)  Aubrey Thomas (3)  Madeline Erica (2)

~ Michelle ~

Mommy of 3 --- Kayla Michelle (9)  Aubrey Thomas (3)  Madeline Erica (2)

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
natalieg
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:36 PM

I'd be so pissed I would tell him that if it happened again I would call the cops on him. There is no excuse for not putting a child in a car seat.

Liluckyducky7
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I would be pissed but I would also just go do it myself so I knew my kids were safe

barrier
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:37 PM

my only advice is to put them in your self. he isnt listening to you. im sorry i know its blunt but hey if you dont like it here is a bump

orange4agua72
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:38 PM

Man, I would be MORE than livid!!!! I would try to find a video on Utube with a "dummy kid" slamming into the bak of a sreast or something, because they weren't in a carseat and show it to him!!! I would be livid, so don't feel bad!!!! GL mama!!

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

chelle1201
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Not too blunt! I will put them in if they are not in when i get home! I just wish he was responsible!

Quoting barrier:

my only advice is to put them in your self. he isnt listening to you. im sorry i know its blunt but hey if you dont like it here is a bump

chelle1201
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:41 PM

Funny you mention that! I am actually looking for something like that to send to him!

Quoting orange4agua72:

Man, I would be MORE than livid!!!! I would try to find a video on Utube with a "dummy kid" slamming into the bak of a sreast or something, because they weren't in a carseat and show it to him!!! I would be livid, so don't feel bad!!!! GL mama!!

Randi_bo_Bandi
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:44 PM

i'd be super psised too! i would go and put the seats in myself if he wouldnt.. i know he needs to do it himself but i'd rather me put them in then him not at all..

Be Kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly... Leave the rest to God
ksinclair
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Wow.  That's pretty sad that the father of two small children doesn't care enough about their safety to take 10 minutes to put in their carseats.  Wow.  Not only that, but their Grandmother was in the car too and didn't have a problem with it.  I don't know what you could say to make them see any clearer that they are risking those kids' lives.  Sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)