Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cradle Cap Question

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 11 Replies

My DD is 8 months old and we have been dealing with terrible cradle cap basically since the beginning.  I used to be able to scrub her head and put baby oil on it to make it go away, but recently, that is not even working.  She has very little hair, but when I put lotion on her little head, her hair appears to be greasy!  Any suggestions for how to help my ever peeling daughter?  Thanks!  I appreciate it!

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoG
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:05 PM

I got this from EHow: and it says to talk to the dr, if it doesnt help

First lay your baby down on a dry clean surface

Step2
next take some baby oil and drizzle a little bit onto their head
Step3
take the baby brush and brush the head in light even strokes to get rid of all the flakes
Step4
once the flakes are off and the head looks pretty oily wash your babies head with the shampoo
Step5
next dry your babies head off and he or she should be flake free. Repeat every 2 days or as needed until the cradle cap is completely gone.

,,,,, ,

bama_mama07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:10 PM

I used Gentle naturals Cradle cap care. We got it at Wal Mart

jennagale76
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:12 PM

My son had it bad. Nothing seemed to work real well, until I tried Cetaphil. It's jsut a really mild non soap cleanser that I bouhgt to  wash him with due to eczema. I used it on his head and he's never had cradle cap since. It's worth a try!

Come check out my group! Baby and Toddler Exchange, a place to trade, sell, or give away your uneeded baby, toddler, and mama items!

www.cafemom.com/group/babytoddlerexchange.

F_Stathouse
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:26 PM

Is it the Winnie-The-Pooh one; that worked great with my son.

Quoting bama_mama07:

lovemybabys1106
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Thats what we use its great

Quoting F_Stathouse:

Quoting bama_mama07:

I am a 19 year old SAHM. I belive abortion is murder. I love my husband and children. I have an angel in heaven and cant wait to meet him or her one day. I dont belive in circumsising but will do it if my husband wants to. I belive every mother owes it to her self and her child to try to breastfeed but I dont condem formula feeders. I breast and bottle feed and that is what works for us so do whats right for your child and leave mine out of it.  I co-sleep with BOTH of my kids and yes I know the risks.

bama_mama07
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:45 PM

yep thats the one it was awesome

Quoting F_Stathouse:

Quoting bama_mama07:

F_Stathouse
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:48 PM

His was so bad; that was the only one I could fine that work.  And the plus side is my dandruff went away after I used it.  lol.

Quoting bama_mama07:

yep thats the one it was awesome

Quoting F_Stathouse:

Quoting bama_mama07:

luv3ldl
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Quoting jennagale76:

My son had it bad. Nothing seemed to work real well, until I tried Cetaphil. It's jsut a really mild non soap cleanser that I bouhgt to  wash him with due to eczema. I used it on his head and he's never had cradle cap since. It's worth a try!

cetaphil & a baby brush worked for me.. i found out it was eczema causing the cradle cap. sounds strange but it worked so i'll believe it

Addyrainnemom08
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone for your advice!  I really appreciate it! 

F_Stathouse
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Your Welcome:)

Quoting Addyrainnemom08:

Just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone for your advice!  I really appreciate it! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)