Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new floors?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM
  • 3 Replies

Has anyone gotten new flooring done?? like getting the carpet taken up and putting down laminate floors?? I HATE having carpet in my dining room and the carpet is trashed so since dh is out to sea, he isnt here to tell me yes or no....and i really wanna do this.....approx. how much did it cost you????

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Michele79
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:18 PM

We ripped up the carpet in our living room and hallway and put down wood laminate. It cost about $800 but that was with my husband installing it. It just depends on the quality of materials and any labor costs. I love it though, sooo easy to clean. If something spills just wipe it up, no dragging out the carpet cleaner!

Bekah062205
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:23 PM

i would soooooo totally do it ourselves....but like i said dh is out to sea....maybe i can find someone to do it for me...hmmmmm......i gotta get my thinking cap out of the closet and dust it off now...maybe i know someone who can do it..........okay thanks for that info...gotta get the cap now!

Quoting Michele79:

We ripped up the carpet in our living room and hallway and put down wood laminate. It cost about $800 but that was with my husband installing it. It just depends on the quality of materials and any labor costs. I love it though, sooo easy to clean. If something spills just wipe it up, no dragging out the carpet cleaner!

Michele79
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Yeah it's pretty easy once you get going. I think most kinds the pieces just lock into place. The only thing that is a pain is when you have to start making cuts, they have to be very precise. You could always see how much Lowe's or Home Depot would charge for installation. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)