Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you spank your kids? aka Who hits their child on the ass, when they are being unruly and defiant"

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:48 PM
  • 167 Replies

Poll

Question: spanking

Options:

Yes i spank my child/children

No its wrong to hit/spank children

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 168

View Results

I don't want this to be a huge argument but i know these days allot of parents do NOT spank/swat there  children. I was wondering about the % was...

This questions came about when my parents took my nephew to Dave and busters. He was three and throwing a fit so my mom grabbed his arm got down to his level and told him if he didnt stop she was going to take him to the bathroom and spank him. This couple about 30 saw her do this and went and told some security guards.. they came and asked my nephew without saying anything to my parents if "he was alright and if they were hurting him" my nephew ..done with his fit by now said NO THOSE ARE MY PA PA AND GRANDMA and they dont hurt me....

I understand not spanking a child to the extreme where it is child abuse...obviously..BUT i dont see the problem with a little spank to let them know you are serious and they better stop....

BUT i also unstand the point on not wanting to do anything that might cause the child physical harm....

I am NOT doing this to start anything i was just wondering sorry if i put anyone on the spot.. :(

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Replies (1-10):
itsnotaboutm765
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:50 PM

I spank my kids if it is needed.  One swat.  If I can't do it in one I'm not doing it right. :O)

youngmom33
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Yes 

curlykit
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Well good luck on no fighting. These posts always start a fight. Everyone's opinion is the RIGHT one and people don't seem to think that the other party can have valid points.

jillbailey26
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I used to, but don't anymore, so it's a yes and a no.

~Jill~

Cass0289
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Nope I will never intentionally inflict pain upon my children to get them to do what I want.

I am a conservative, republican, formula feeding, non spanking, fully vaccinating, democrat and liberal bashing, SAHM, that has an unbreakable bond with her son and does not give a ewwwwww what you think of it!

Amybelle
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM

confusedhow many replies does it take to get to the middle of a CM fight????...........

LOL 

Jillian
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:54 PM

I don't spank but it's not as black and white as your poll. It's a decsion DH and i made and i'm sticking by it so far. I was spanked he wasn't so he doesn't agree with it. I understand some kids don't repsond to time out and some kids don't respond from spanking so i hope i'm doing what right for my Daughter to learn and that you are too.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family

Heidi2512

Yes. I've actually had a few moms thank me for swatting my son in public.  

HaydensMommy007

My daughter is only 13 months so I do not spank. I do not want to spank her and I do not plan on it.

Psalm 118:8-9 (New International Version)

8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD
       than to trust in man.

pinklilly_77

I spank but I also use other things like time outs and stuff.... Now in the situation you mom and dad were in I would have told my kids the same thing or that if the didnt quit wed be going to the car so that the others could enjoy their dinner... 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)