Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with a few ?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

For the past ten years Ive been a sahm and loved it. But now I need to go back to school and I have NEVER left my kids anywhere. I really want to go back and get my RN but Im very afraid to leave the kiddos. Ive asked family members but cant find one that will work out. Kids are 11, 6, 2. My ? 's are

what are some factors to look at when picking a daycare

Did your kids adjust quickly or not?

will i adjust? jk ;)

How much is average daycare cost?

this is not intended as a debate, I  just really have now idea where to start and need some help. Thanks in advance.I always find friendly and great answers here.

Crystal
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
itsnotaboutm765
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:03 PM

First always just show up when looking at a daycare. NEVER call first.  then you will know how its really run.  You wanna check on meals what and how much they are fed.  Naps of course cleanliness

AbbysMom059
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:10 PM

first thing you MUST look at is...price...daycare is EXPENSIVE!

my daughter is 180 a week...full time....

as for adjustment...shes fine...she is 6 months and has a stranger danger issue so what we did was go over and spent time with the sitters...its a married grandparents couple...

I myself have worked in daycares...and just to be completely honest...LOOK AT EVERYTHING....if you have a gut feeling that something isnt right...chances are its not right...

Look at more than one place...compare take a list of questions...ask everything you have your mind thinking about because this is after all your babies...

pro-con the center...on paper and see with your eyes if it is the place for you...

also look at home centers because usually they're more of a family setting and more comfy and lax....I seriously fell in love with my sitter, she lives on the same block as me, and her and her husband are highly qualified...and it took me MONTHS to find a reasonable place to put my child...if you have ANY questions or concerns or don't know what to ask PM me and I'll help you out i STILL have my list of questions and would gladly share...

most of all talk to your child about it...see if THEY liked it...because its where they're going to be...

Andi02
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 5:11 PM

Hi - It is going to be hard at first to leave your kids, but in the long run you are doing it for the right reasons. I was a stay at home mom after i had my son. Then when I got divorced  I had to go to work full time and take my son to daycare. It was hard at first. I looked for cleanliness, how the chaos is handled, just how it felt to me. With your mother's instinct, you will know if it the right place for you and your kids. Now after working full time in healthcare I  have decided to go for my Rn and I start in May at NKU. So I hope this has helped. I get assistance also, for daycare.  So- in a nutshell- you will do fine. I am a single mom and I am scared but i know I can do it and you can too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)