Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eczema in 15 month old w/picture...need help

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:42 PM
  • 65 Replies

About a month or so ago when my son got sick his cheeks got really red and then the forehead got red, then it turned thick and scaly looking. I've researched and figured it was eczema however nothing is working. does he need a prescription?  What else can I do to treat it. It doesn't seem to bother him but its just unsightly

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child" - 1900
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyjace
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:44 PM

My sons is 8 months and his are the same way. It is just because it is so dry here. I just put vasaline on them everyday and it really helps.

itsnotaboutm765
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Gerber makes a good oatmeal lotion it works well my little man had it really bad I'll scan in a pic

kayla-nicole
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:47 PM

My 13 month old son has it, too. He just got it about a month ago, right before he turned one. He has a medicated cream that was prescribed to him, Hydrocortizone. It works really well on his bottom, which is where he gets it the most. I only do little dabs on his cheeks.

here he is. I lightened the picture a little, his cheeks were pretty red.

jessmhood
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:48 PM

I use any lotion made with Borage oil instead of petroleum products. You can find it in the health food section of most stores.

mimi718
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:48 PM

if it happened when he got sicked have you even thought of 5th desease? Just a thought, but as for excema...aveno aveno and more aveno but luceren (sp) to get it fixed right away!

Children seldom misquote.  In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.  ~Author Unknown

sexeegyrl
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I didn't think of that but I would hope the Dr. caught it when I brought him in for being sick. He had a double ear infection. Let me go look at the symptoms for 5ths. thanks

Quoting mimi718:

if it happened when he got sicked have you even thought of 5th desease? Just a thought, but as for excema...aveno aveno and more aveno but luceren (sp) to get it fixed right away!

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

sexeegyrl
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:52 PM

okay, I just looked and I don't believe that's what he has...he has only had this 'rash' on his face and no where else....

Quoting mimi718:

christina2720
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:54 PM

My dd is almost 5 and has had eczema forever. It started in the creases of her elbows and knees, however about six months ago it spread to her entire body. We have tried vaseline, creams, Rx steroid creams and have also had to put her on prednisone steroid twice to get it under control. We have also been to the allergy doc to no avail. We are now waiting on an app. to the dermatoligist. So if we find a solution I will let you know.

sexeegyrl
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:55 PM

thank you and good luck!

Quoting christina2720:

My dd is almost 5 and has had eczema forever. It started in the creases of her elbows and knees, however about six months ago it spread to her entire body. We have tried vaseline, creams, Rx steroid creams and have also had to put her on prednisone steroid twice to get it under control. We have also been to the allergy doc to no avail. We are now waiting on an app. to the dermatoligist. So if we find a solution I will let you know.

mimi718
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:56 PM

so did my daughter she never got the rash anywhere else only on her face...her doc thought it was ezema too until I went and did bloodwork ( i am pregnant) and I tested positive for being exposed to 5th desease which is dangerous to the fetus. So I took my daughter back to the docs and the doc said the symptoms are the same as a cold so it was possible to confuse ezema and 5th desease with a cold. But normally the rash goes away about a month after the cold has gone away

Quoting sexeegyrl:

okay, I just looked and I don't believe that's what he has...he has only had this 'rash' on his face and no where else....

Quoting mimi718:

Children seldom misquote.  In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.  ~Author Unknown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)