Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going in to be induced tomorrow morning...

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:51 PM
  • 12 Replies

Induced at 7:00am, and they're planning to break my water around noon... Any tips or words of advice I should know???

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Addyrainnemom08
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Get the epidural!  It was a godsend for me!  Barely felt a thing!  I was even able to sleep while I was in labor!  Best of luck to you!!!

bratmom3
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:58 PM

just control your breathing so you don't hyperventilate like I did lol   congrats momma!! You'll be just fine....:  )

sararsara
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I was induced with both my babies due to high bp. The only advice I could give is to get your epidural (if you choose to) as soon as you can. It seems like the pitocin makes your contractions go thorough the roof but nothing that a little pain medication won't take care of. JMO

"A baby is an inestimable blessing and bother." -- Mark Twain

mommy_maria
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 6:59 PM

All I can say is good luck and congrats!!! I had to be induced but I can't think of any advice you would need. I didn't actually go into labor so I ended up having a c section.

stylezsal
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:00 PM

congrats mama......good luck to you just try to stay calm (easier said than done) and just remember how wonderful it will be when the baby is finally out and with you....it will be worth it all...

hollyma
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Everyone is different.  I got induced with both of my kids.  For me it was not that bad.  Felt like very painful cramps.  Take reading material, cards, anything to help pass the time.  Good luck and congrats.

Cass0289
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I was induced with my son (first time having baby) and the pitocin made the contractions go OFF the paper literally the nurses had never seen anything like it.  So they were so strong I was authorized to get the epidural at 2 cm!  Let me tell you once I had that epidural I did not even feel PRESSURE like they say you do.  I felt NOTHING!  Get the epidural.  Oh and BTW forget the breathing because when you are having that bad contractions BREATHING is not what you are thinking about and it does not help LOL.  CONGRATS!!!!!  POST PICS PLZZZ!

mcquistionmom2
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Let the doctors/nurses know if you start to feel your heart racing....They had to stop in the middle of my induction with Logan because my heart rate was up near 200. The epidural is great too....with my first I went naturally (no induction, no breaking my water..it did it one its own) so I was able to make it to 7cm before requesting an epidural. With my second I was induced and only barely made it to 4cm before wanting an epi because the labor pains were more intense. If you are able to catch up on some sleep definitely go for it...after they got my heart rate slowed down I slept for about 4 hours and woke up when it was time to push! (that was nice....out of a 10 hour labor I got to sleep at least 4 hours....lol). Good luck tomorrow and congratulations!!!

Dee Dee
We're expecting baby #3!!!
Natalie Ann due May 17th 2009!

pregnancy week by week

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

http://www.babyzone.com/babynames/bnpoll.asp?pollid=130092

MallorysMommy21
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:08 PM

i was induced also. he broke my water and gave me the iv drugs to make it all go and it was a bitch. but it was over in 6.5 hrs. take any pain med you can get because if you're like me it wil be immediate hard labor the whole time instead of the early labor and progression.

Blakesmom2506
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:12 PM

my advice to you would be eat a nice big dinner tonight and get full because once in labor you are not allowed to eat or drink nothing that sucks. Also try and get as much sleep as possible because you are going to need it. I was induced twice the first time it did not work and was sent home in the morning the second time two days later i was in labor as much petocin i could have and over 18 hours and would not dialate very much. So just listen to the drs and try and stay as calm as you can. easier said then done but you will be fine. Congrats momma and please post pictures :) you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Each story is different so its hard to say what to expect but just fallow what the drs and nurses say and you should be fine :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)