Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Question?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

When we go to do our taxes do we need anything showing the Stimulus Check? I haven't  received anything yet.

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
brantonsmom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:50 PM

you should already have your w-2's and if you don't yet you should be getting to you very soon.  Employers are suppose to have W-2's to their employees by the 31st of Jan.  You do not need anything from your stimulus check last year, unless you didn't get the whole amount for some reason, then you can claim it as some type of deduction.  And you can do your taxes any time until April 15th I think, I got mine done last night and set in on taxact.com, and we made too much (by like a couple of thousand) to file for free, but it still only cost $21 to file electronically for both federal and state.  I hope this helps

prestonjohn
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 7:56 PM

you dont need to actually show anything to them just let them know how much you got,,,and dont get it wrong lol,,the irs will know haha..but as far and a piece of paper no,,they will put in what you got and then it will figure if you have anymore coming to you

Liluckyducky7
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:01 PM

I used turbotax and looked how much my stimulis was through their website b/c i couldn't remember

erei28
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:42 PM

What do mean not get the whole amount? I thought we should have gotten 1500 but we only got 900 does that mean they give us the difference with our tax return?

Quoting brantonsmom:

you should already have your w-2's and if you don't yet you should be getting to you very soon.  Employers are suppose to have W-2's to their employees by the 31st of Jan.  You do not need anything from your stimulus check last year, unless you didn't get the whole amount for some reason, then you can claim it as some type of deduction.  And you can do your taxes any time until April 15th I think, I got mine done last night and set in on taxact.com, and we made too much (by like a couple of thousand) to file for free, but it still only cost $21 to file electronically for both federal and state.  I hope this helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)