Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OUCH!!!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

I LIVE IN FL. SO IT GETS SOMEWHAT COLD HERE TOO BUT EVERYTIME THE TEMP DROPS MY 2 YR. OLD'S WHOLE BODY GETS CHAPPED, SO FOR THE LAST FEW DAYS HE'S ONLY BEEN OUTSIDE SO I COULD TAKE HIM IN & OUT OF THE CAR FOR THERAPY & THAT'S IT CAUSE HE HAS SUCH A BAD REACTION BUT I GUESS THAT WAS ENOUGH TIME TO FOR THE COLD TO GET TO HIM I JUST TOOK HIM OUT OF THE BATH & HE'S SERIOUSLY CHAPPED ALL OVER WHAT CAN I PUT ON HIM I DON'T WANT IT TO START BURNING/HURTING HE ALSO HAS ECZEMA SO I ALREADY HAVE TO KEEP HIM LOTIONED UP ALL THE TIME FOR THAT HE JUST HAS REALLY SENSITIVE SKIN, IS IT NORMAL TO BE THAT SENSITIVE THOUGH???? & DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON SOMETHING I CAN PUT ON HIM?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Merrydish78
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:53 PM

i heard Aveeno is good, idk, where i live its 0 degrees or colder, i make sure not to expose her skin to the elements but she doesn't have sensitive skin so her cheeks are fine (they are exposed). I would say cover him up as much as possible when he is outside and i would talk to his pedi about it.

erei28
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I'm sure the doctor can give something for that! That must be horrible!

dahlimama07
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM

My son has sensitive skin and i use Aveeno baby lotion and the unscented body wash with the collidaded (sp?) oatmeal in it.  It is found in the baby isle.  I don't use regular bar soap only liquid soap. 

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/dahlimama07
sondamom0828
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I know one thing, keep his baths short and there is also a triple paste cream for Eczema (at walmart) that is think and is supposed to help.

BreannazMomma
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 8:58 PM

petroleum jelly before bed.  I used it my DD before...doc recommended it.  she has excema also.  cleared her up in a few days.  aveeno is also recommended.  I'd use all the products...bath wash, lotion, everything.  good luck.

BreannazMomma
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:02 PM

this cream she's talking about here is what the nurse uses at the school I work at.  She uses it for all rashes and chapped skin...she said it was even safe if the child licked it off (I work with special needs kids...one with awful excema and he eats everything!)  I'd use it if my DD needed it!

Quoting sondamom0828:

I know one thing, keep his baths short and there is also a triple paste cream for Eczema (at walmart) that is think and is supposed to help.

memphismama1106
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:08 PM

I ACTUALLY THINK I'VE USE THAT FOR HIS ECZEMA, DO YOU KNOW IF IT'S ON THE SUMLAB.COM WEBSITE???? DOES IT LOOK LIKE THIS????

Quoting BreannazMomma:

this cream she's talking about here is what the nurse uses at the school I work at.  She uses it for all rashes and chapped skin...she said it was even safe if the child licked it off (I work with special needs kids...one with awful excema and he eats everything!)  I'd use it if my DD needed it!

Quoting sondamom0828:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)