Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this make me a *itch?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:13 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am so frustrated and need some advice whether or not I am blowing this out of porportion. My DH started work over a week ago and he works all day, into the night on Bike Patrol. He's Security Forces for the Air Force and he's always gone (working). Well for the past couple of night his partner has been leaving work or not showing at all because his girlfriend is sick. He is married and getting a divorce because he cheated on his wife with his now girlfriend but he has his superiors thinking that his girlfriend IS his wife. Anyway, she's got kidney stones and so I guess she's being hospitalized today and tomorrow while they remove them. So my DH calls me and tells me that he was told he and his new partner have to go buy flowers and take them to his old partner's girlfriend. So not only does he have to work until 11pm but then he has to drive across town (a good 30-45 minutes) to deliver these flowers to a GIRLFRIEND of his partner. I've had kidney stones, she's not freakin' dying. I was in and out of the hospital with my pregnancies and guess what? No one was forced to bring me flowers! It's ridiculous because we had plans for tomorrow morning because my DH has the day off and we were taking our girls to a festival tomorrow. So now my DH is going to get home around 1am if not later and there is no way he's going to feel up to driving a couple hours in the morning to this festival. I am so pissed because they've ruined our plans and guess what? There is nothing we can do! He can't refuse to take the flowers there, he was TOLD he had to. Am I just being a *itch or would this piss you off too? I mean, who TELLS someone they have to do something like this? My DH and his partner are not close AT ALL. They don't really even like each other, just tolerate each other because they work together. So why on earth would they pick him? Shouldn't this be a job for his 1st Sargeant and shouldn't it be done DURING THE DAY??!! I guess I'm just really mad because our plans are ruined now. We wanted to get to the festival early so that we could beat the rush but nope, not going to happen!

GlitterAmberCatchyCreationbyAmy.gif picture by preemiemommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crowned_mom
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:15 PM

wow that sucks. i also think its ridiculous. i dont blame you. i would be pissed too.

Mommy to Nolan, Wife to Mattin lovetoddler boy

Jaimegrlready42
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:17 PM

I dont blame you a bit! Sorry  your having to go through this.

barrier
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:18 PM

he got "volentold" thats what hubby and i call it. so your hubby's ex partner cheated on his wife... does that guy know what type of trouble he could get into with the military for doing that!

Im sorry about your hubby having to do that. mine once got "volentold" to go buy beer for a party the squadron/ flight was throwing at someones house. lol Life as security forces! man its tough.

slapping forehead

MomToMags
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:19 PM

I'd be pissed too and that sounds ridiculous to deliver flowers in the middle of the frickin night

coffeeJust my opinion!

Karen

armyvetmommy
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:20 PM

okay i flaked out and didn't finish reading the whole thing, because i wanted to say that if she was knowingly sleeping with a married man, then she deserves the kidney stones, lol.  in all honesty though, from what i've read, i'd be pissed, too.

I am a U.S Army Combat Veteran of OIF

BreannazMomma
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:21 PM

i'd prolly be mad enough to tell....yup I'm a tattletale.  lol

Quoting crowned_mom:

wow that sucks. i also think its ridiculous. i dont blame you. i would be pissed too.

LoveMyBugs
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Thanks. I guess  I'm not being a witch then, lol. I had a momentary lapse of sanity when I told my DH I was going to "accidentally" slip about it being his girlfriend and not his wife to his 1st shirt. But I wouldn't really do that. I'm just imagining doing it, lol.

LadyFelicity
by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 11:33 PM

yes thats the responsibility of his 1st sgt not him and his 1st sgt should do it during the day..i understand the "duty" day is 24 hrs but seriously..and if the girl even allows them in the house at that time of night, id be a bit concerned. sounds sketchy. why cant they have them delivered?

LoveMyBugs
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I'm not sure why not. It's stupid really though, she's in there to have kidney stones removed and they're making him deliver flowers this late? I can't imagine she's even awake right now but yet, he has to make the trek either way.

Quoting LadyFelicity:

yes thats the responsibility of his 1st sgt not him and his 1st sgt should do it during the day..i understand the "duty" day is 24 hrs but seriously..and if the girl even allows them in the house at that time of night, id be a bit concerned. sounds sketchy. why cant they have them delivered?

erei28
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:12 AM

Lol, you sound like me! I would never do anything like that but i can sure as hell think about it! I'm sorry you are having to deal with this but It is his job.  My hubby just joined a few months ago and already its all driving me crazy!

Quoting LoveMyBugs:

Thanks. I guess  I'm not being a witch then, lol. I had a momentary lapse of sanity when I told my DH I was going to "accidentally" slip about it being his girlfriend and not his wife to his 1st shirt. But I wouldn't really do that. I'm just imagining doing it, lol.

logoerei.gif picture by afcrs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)