Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Baby born with full set of teeth??

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:37 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I was in the labor and delivery waiting room the other day waiting to get some shots and I couldn't help but over hear another woman's conversation.  She said her friend had a baby with a full set of teeth!  Is this even possible??  It sounds crazy to me, but I guess crazier things have happened.  I just had to find out if anyone else has heard of this.

by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MoodyMamma
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM

I think I read a post once where a lady was having a really hard time cause her baby was born w/ teeth.

The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care that you don't have any tattoos.

piercedbeauty21
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:39 PM

lol yeah. my mom told me that my older brother was born with a tooth coming in, so i don't see why a baby can't have a full set of teeth..lol

luvmycherubs
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:40 PM

It is VERY rare, but VERY possible.

3boyz1princess
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:40 PM

I have heard of 1 or 2 teeth but never a full set...that would suck trying to nurse a baby with a full set of teeth...

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

HJMT555
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:41 PM

whats a full set? My nephew had tooth buds i believe is what they call them and my baby had them also but it took six months for them to actually come in.

Aamy
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:42 PM

I have heard that yes it is RARE but it can happen.

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive.   ~ Author Unknown
If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting ?   ~ Author Unknown

morgakasssmommy
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:43 PM

found this on the web

The journey starts in the womb. While you were pregnant, your baby developed tooth buds, the foundation for baby teeth (also called milk teeth). Only one in 2,000 babies is born with teeth, though. The vast majority sprout their first tooth between 4 and 7 months of age.

Preemie Pictures, Images and PhotosPreemie Pictures, Images and PhotosPreemie Pictures, Images and Photos

hionlife
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I have heard of babies being born with a tooth or two, but a whole set, OUCH!

Come check out our group, where talking about touchy tpoics is encouraged. We talk freely and respectfully. So come and GET YOUR DRAMA FIX today and every day!

mamakrod
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Quoting morgakasssmommy:

found this on the web

The journey starts in the womb. While you were pregnant, your baby developed tooth buds, the foundation for baby teeth (also called milk teeth). Only one in 2,000 babies is born with teeth, though. The vast majority sprout their first tooth between 4 and 7 months of age.

Wow, you learn something new everyday I guess.  Thanks!

CeciliaLyon
by on Feb. 6, 2009 at 11:18 PM

DH was born with 7 teeth

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)