Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM after C-section ????

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM
  • 10 Replies

This is a question for anyone who's had a c-sec.

How long after did u have your 1st bowel movement???

My dr gave me meds to help but I still havent had one since they checked me into the hospital Sunday night, and i had my CS monday morning at 8:30.

I was just wondering cause it kinda worries me. This was my 1st baby so i didnt know what to expect for anything.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeene
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 AM

I forget exactly but it took me several days. I was taking Peri-Colase as often as I could and it really helped to soften it up. I highly recommend it!

sylviapike26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Make sure you are walking, that will help get your intestines moving and get everything moving out of there.  I had one before I left the hospital and then when I got home.  I had mine on a Wed and went home on a Fri.  Walk as much as you can and take a stool softener which is probably what your dr gave you.  IMO the gas pain after the c-section was worse than the c-section pain.

pregnancy week by week
babies
Tayy26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Fair warning go sooner than later!!

I waited two weeks because i was soo scared that it was going to hurt and oh my gosh you have no idea how horrible it is!!

kittie1113
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:33 AM

I didnt have my 1st BM till like 5 days after i had my CS.. i dunno what to tell you.. just if your that worried about it call your doc up and see what he/she says...   i hope everything goes good for ya!

soccerchik8287
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I had mine about 3days after the c-section.  

kalio
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:30 AM

I believe 3 days after my first and damn near a week after my second and it hurt like HELL! It was worse than the c-sec pain. I suggest calling your doc and seeing what you can take.

MS
we need to find a cure.

Are you a young mom? Feel you have no one to go to?
Want someone to trust and can ask them anything without fear of being judged?
If so,come check out Big Sister's. We're here to help you! :]
Or do you want to become a Big Sister?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/bigsisters

mamaof2_loves
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:43 AM

as far as i can remember, i had to have one before i left the hospital, at least with my 1st

happymom_0307
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:44 AM

I had one before I left the hospital each time. 

nmjordan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Same here, they had started giving me colace after the surgery and I went the morning we were released.

Quoting mamaof2_loves:

as far as i can remember, i had to have one before i left the hospital, at least with my 1st

~Nicole~
Mom to Brandon, 6-25-06

katynic
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Okay. Thank you all!

I just wanted to know about how long it was for everyone else to give me an idea. My dr gave me meds and they wanted me to have one b4 leaving but since I had gas they let me go home. They said I should have one in a few days after going home but I didnt know how long to expect to wait.

And its not that I'm trying not to have one. I just havent had one and didnt know how normal it was.

I guess I'll have to start walking more, now that the pain has gone down some. Now I just have a lot of pain from my staples. But that should be better Tues after he takes them out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)