Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things my 7 year old can do after school..? (piog)

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hey everyone... I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or suggestions on something that would be good for my  7 year old daughter to do or go to after school. She is an absolutely amazing student, she's on the A honor roll, and just made student of the month, and is very advanced for her age..... but she is getting into trouble, and very bored at home. She's a wonderful girl full of energy and ready to learn about new things every second. Anyway we came to the conclusion tha she's probably getting into so much trouble because she's getting very bored at home. We have a one year old that's taken up most of my time so therefore I haven't had near as much time to spend with my 7 year old or play with her, or do projects and things like that with her. So some kind of an after school program like maybe 3 times a week would be awesome for her I think..... Something fun... she's into so much - art, reading, dancing, music, crafts, skating, swimming, you name it. Any suggestions moms? :-)

~Julie Baker~
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommamiaria
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM

I think some sort of Karate class would be great for her. It will teach her discipline and is a great way to expend some extra energy.

I would like to invite you to join THE COOKING CAFE. It's all about Food, Fun & Friends. Swap recipes, share ideas, ask questions or just hang out. We have a RECIPES section divided into categories to make it easy for our members to find what they are looking for. It's an awesome group and we would love for you to join us.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/27504

praisinghim2day
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:20 AM

When I was a kid, I LOVED animals... any animal.. ALL animals.  But back when I was a kid, there was no such thing as internet.  If she really likes to learn, try printing off age appropriate stories, info etc... about certain things she likes and some teachers sights have little fun game sheets to go along with those stories. 

I actually use this as a punishment in the summer time.  lol  When the kids are seriously getting on my nerves, back talking, arguing and fighting... I threaten to print off school worksheets.  The first time I threatened, they called my bluff.  They ended up sitting at the kitchen table for 45 minutes doing worksheets.  They've NEVER done it again! lol All I have to do now is threaten it, and they're perfect angels!!! hehehehhehehe!!!  but it sounds like your daughter may be the exact opposite... give it a try! : )

te_amo415
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:23 AM

is there a YMCA or a youth center or something that offers dance classes after school? jazz, ballet, tap, hip hop lol anything. i used to LOVE that!

My name is D0minica Maria. Girlfriend t0 Jas0n (o5_3o_o5). M0ther 0f Julian Blaise  (o4_15_o7). i'm a bitch, i'm a l0ver, i'm a child, i'm a m0ther, i'm a sinner, i'm a saint, i d0 n0t feel ashamed. i'm y0ur hell, i'm y0ur dream, i'm n0thing in between and n0 i w0uldn't want it any 0ther way.

ackley4ma

My daughters school has like after school programs for like math, science etc......She is into dance so you could look into that. Your local library most likley has things for her age group. Good luck

Mary

* Mother to 2 Beautiful daughters, Wife to my hero*

texas1981

Around my area a 7 year old has allot of options like flag football, cheer leading, soccer, baseball, girl scouts um...... I'm sure there's more but that'sall I can think of. You should really try to put her in something, if she a honor roll student she deserves it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)