Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone sew??

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

Well, I decided to make my own crib bedding.  I was all set & excited, except my fiance decided last minute that he REALLY wants to get our baby girl a round crib. So thats okay.  BUT I can not find a round crib pattern ANYWHERE. I'm not so worried about making the bumper & comforter as I am the Crib skirt.  Do any of you know where I could find a round crib pattern?  It would help me out SOoooOOoo much.  Thank you! :)

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lcbowman
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I sew but I am not sure I have seen a pattern for round crib sheets and such.  My best advice is to check the pattern books and if you can't find any ask someone in a good sewing store ( not the sewing dept at walmart but an actual sewing store).  They usually employ seamstresses and if nothing else they might could help you draw-up a pattern to use. 

adahmama
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I've never seen a round pattern for a cribskirt...but maybe you can use a round tablecloth like a template and make your own pattern from that? I mean, like use the tablecloth for the part of the bedskirt that is underneath the matress & adapt your skirt to the outer edge of that??

Good Luck - and post some pics, I'm interested in this round crib!

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I dont know where you would get a pattern.I know they make bed skirts that velcro onto the matress I would check maybe a Q or K one would go around the round matress of the crib.

littlejreece
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:26 PM

Do you mean a bed skirt as in the piece of fabric that goes around the bottom of the crib (kinda like a dust ruffle)?

If that is what you mean (sorry I am not so savvy in the bedding-lingo) you should be able to measure around the side of the mattress to get the circumfrence, and make a skirt from that. In other words, measure all the way around, and for example, if its 60 incheas around, then you need 60 inches by however long you want the skirt to be (plus additional if you want ruching or ruffles). I would probably attach it with ties or with velcro, but I like to do things the easy way, and I hate sewing with elastic.

Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)