Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Important Information not all Women know about

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

I struggled with it before I even knew what "it" was , wish I had known earlier.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
minimom11107
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:54 AM

I'm at work and can't watch it, can anyone give me a summary?

Pregnancy ticker
pimpernelly
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Quoting minimom11107:

I'm at work and can't watch it, can anyone give me a summary?

It is an awareness video.

ShawnsMom31
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I know most of you probably don't care , the problem is 10% of ALL woman are affected and they do not know they have it. Over 6 million women of reproductive age in the US have PCOS .

Early symptoms of PCOS include:

• Few or no menstrual periods. This can range from less than nine menstrual cycles in a year (more than 35 days between cycles) to no menstrual periods.3 Some women with PCOS have regular periods but are not ovulating every month. This means that their ovaries are not releasing an egg each month.
  • Heavy, irregular vaginal bleeding. About 30% of women with PCOS have this symptom.4
  • Hair loss from the scalp and hair growth (hirsutism) on the face, chest, back, stomach, thumbs, or toes. About 70% of women in the United States with PCOS complain of these hair problems caused by high androgen levels.5
  • Acne and oily skin, caused by high androgen levels.
  • Depression or mood swings. Hormonal changes are a known cause of emotional symptoms.

Living with PCOS symptoms can affect your sense of well-being, sexual satisfaction, and overall quality of life. This too can lead to depression.

My name is Stacey , I am 34 . Mother to my Miracle PCOS son Shawn JR , Very new single mother , Still in love with Shawn after 15 years , Licensed Cosmetologist , Notary & Property and Casualty Agent , Scorpio , Honest , Loving , Genuine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)