Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby with earache

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM
  • 4 Replies

Alyssa is 10 months old and she has been holding the side of her head and pulling at her ear for the last two days.  She has had loose stools and is fussy.  I know she has an earache.  Does anyone know if there is anything I can do for her at home before seeing the doctor?  Or do you think I should take her in?  Thanks for any advice.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
dragonflykiss44
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:11 AM

take her in...i dont think theres anuthing you can do at home. you dont want it to get really bad.

gtowngurl08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:13 AM

My son got an ear infection when he was 10 months old also. I took him to the doctor and they give him some ear drops that had a numbing effect. They really helped with the fussiness. I would take her to the doctor, just to make sure that's what it is. They say that sometimes when they teeth that they will hold their ears like they are hurting. Just something to think about. Good Luck and hang in there momma!!!

mommytoG
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I would take her in. You could try putting a warm rag to ear, and give he some tylenol. It could be her molars coming in too. I had to take mine to the dr alot and he said his ears were fine and looked in mouth and put a glove on and felt in his mouth and said it was it teeth. The back ones put pressure on the ears

,,Blinkie Maker,

lcbowman
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:27 AM

As others stated it could be an ear infection or it could be teething.  To help with the ear pain until you can get to the dr to find out a warm compress to the ear can help as well as tylenol or advil.  But as a mom who had two kiddos who had repeated ear infections I would take them to the dr.  While a mild infection will usually clear up on its own in a week or so if it is bad it will only get worse and will need an antibiotic to clear it up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)