Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

meningitis vaccine?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM
  • 7 Replies

Has your child had one? I'm wondering why Brandon didn't have one at his 2 year checkup, since it is recommended for ages 2 and up? He is in a small in-home daycare setting now- is that considered a high-risk group? He is turning 3 in June so he will have a checkup then, should I wait?

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 
6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sexeegyrl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Here's a link for the vaccine info.....

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/vaccineInfo/vaccine_detail.cfv?id=15#dose

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child" - 1900
nmjordan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM

bump

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 
6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife

nmjordan
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:56 AM

thanks!

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 
6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife

sylviapike26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Don't know, do you know the actual name of it?  My son will be going here in a few months for his 24 month check up.  I need to see which shots are recommended so I can decide which ones I will have him get at that appt and which ones will be a few months later.

pregnancy week by week
babies
sexeegyrl
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM

here is the CDC vaccine schedule...

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/child/2009/09_0-6yrs_schedule_pr.pdf

Quoting sylviapike26:

Don't know, do you know the actual name of it?  My son will be going here in a few months for his 24 month check up.  I need to see which shots are recommended so I can decide which ones I will have him get at that appt and which ones will be a few months later.

I'm a SAHM to 4 children, Mommy to Irish Twins, married to my best friend, breastfeeding, circumsizing, anti CIO, spanking when needed, kids don't get away with much, NIP and don't care what you see b/c my child has a right to eat, keep a clean house, non husband bashing, LOVE to laugh, smart ass kind of Mommy. Nice to meet you.

"Natural feeding is the duty of every
mother and the birthright of every child" - 1900
sylviapike26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM

Oh okay.  Thanks.  Only two shots this appt...good.

Quoting sexeegyrl:

here is the CDC vaccine schedule...

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/child/2009/09_0-6yrs_schedule_pr.pdf

Quoting sylviapike26:

pregnancy week by week
babies
robe739
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I am not sure about the vaccine info, but I had spinal bacterial meningitis in February of 2001.  It was AWEFUL!  My WHOLE body was sore & I had a migraine that couldn't be treated with any over the counter meds.  I sat at home & cried for 3 days straight & finally went to the emergency room.  They did a spinal tap & confirmed the diagnosis.  I was in the hospital for 21 days & had a P.I.C. line I.V. I also had 1 spinal tap every couple of days so that they could measure my blood cell count & see if the treatments were working.  I was told that if I had waited to go to the hospital, than I would have died.  Meningitis is a SERIOUS illness!  At the time that I got it, I was working at a small in-home daycare with up to 15 kids per day.  Most of the time we only had 10 kids, because 5 of them were school aged.  Thankfully, none of the children got meningitis, but it sure was a scarey situation!  I'm glad that you are asking about the vaccine & I hope that you got the answer that you were looking for from another mama!  Good luck!  :)

Stephanie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)