Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone gotten pregnant while breastfeeding?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM
  • 22 Replies

I have a 3 1/2 month old and have been breastfeeding him.  The past week I've felt extemely fatigued and sometimes very hot like i'm running a temperature and just blah.  I didn't think there was a possibility that I could be pregnant but could I be wrong?  Or has anyone felt this way while breastfeeding because maybe not enough nutrition? 

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amybelle
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:12 AM

It is ABSOLUTLEY  possible to get PG while BFing ESPECIALLY if you use no type other protection. 

sylviapike26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Breastfeeding is in no way an accurate BC method.  My mother got pregnant with me while breastfeeding my brother.  It happens all the time.

pregnancy week by week
babies
tes1proudmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:13 AM

One of my friends got pregnant while breastfeeding and she was exclusivly breastfeeding!

gypsydancer7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM

You are VERY fertile after giving birth. BF is NOT a form of birth control. Thats why doctors tell you to wait at least 6 weeks and after a post partum for sexual activity. You NEED birth control.

Peanutx3

Same thing happened to my mother.

Quoting sylviapike26:

Breastfeeding is in no way an accurate BC method.  My mother got pregnant with me while breastfeeding my brother.  It happens all the time.

mrs.kidd83

I got pregnant while i was still breastfeeding my daughter, needless to say here comes baby #2 9 months later. my kids are 13 months and 1 day apart.  

NewMom304
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Bf can take a toll on your body.  Take some vitamins and eat often.  You CAN get pregnant while bf, so make sure to use preventative measures.  Some women don't ovulate at all while bf and some do.  And you ovulate before a period, so even if your period hasn't returned yet, your ovaries might secretly ovulate and you could get pregnant.  I think my period returned at at about four months pp.

medicmom4
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:17 AM

You can get pregnant trust me. I was breast feeding my daughter and she was born in march and I found out the following November that I was pregnant. Felt like you are describing.

mommy492006
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:23 AM

well I doubt it because it takes your uterus and everything about a month to get back to normal....and than oyur period has to get back to normal.....and breast feeeding throws your body off a little.....might just be your body changing back again...but if you rellyl think you could be and wanna know for sure just take a test

mylittlemonkee
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM

The thing is I haven't had a period yet, only some slight spotting about a month ago.  So maybe it is just my hormones, but geez I have this feeling that won't go away that I am!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)