Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

social security numbers... need help

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

oh no...i cant find my boyfriends old tax return to get my sons social..he is in jail right now 300 miles away and i  hvae no way of getting there just to get out social security cards...can i call someone or something and just have them tell it to me?? like the doctors office or the foodstamp office? thank you

pregnancy week by week
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
YObando
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM

go to the social security office and tell them you have lost them and you need a replacement. they should send it to you within like 7-10 business days. you can google it for an office near you. and just call ahead of time and ask. they will have you come in just make sure you have an id and your birth certificate. although when i went in wa. i was born in mia, they didnt ask for one. they just needed an id.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:13 PM

go the the social sec office order one and tell them u need a paper stating u have one comming (if u need it like asap and cant wait for it to come) i had to do that yesterday

in loveFaithful Girlfriend to 
                                        ...Ryne (12-6-07)
toddler boyLoving Momma to
                                   ...Mike (9-14-04)
baby girlLoving Momma to
                                    ...Harmoni (12-26-08)

rachelmm007
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM

as far as i know you can go down to your local social security office and give them proof your the mother and the will give you the number. good luck!

LbkMommyOf2
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:24 PM

If you just need the number for now, call his Pediatrician and they can give it to you. My Pedi's office knows my voice so they give it to me over the phone. Some require you go in and show ID. I doubt a place like the foodstamp office would give it out. Think of anyplace you have had to write it down and call them. Maybe the school if the child is schoolage? I have had to get my Pedi's office tell me the number more than once, so it can be done.

Janis198
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Just wanted to say it isn't easy getting a replacement ssn card.  You have to have proof of who he is and his birth certifacate isn't enough,

I had to get my kids # from the school when I lost them

Janis mommy to 5 great kids, 4 girls and 1 boy

having chocolate

ganfield_c
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:35 PM

my sister went to the social security office to get her dd's card and she had her birth cert. and they wouldnt take it, she had to have a letter from the Dr office stating when her birthday was, cause a birth cert. doesnt prove that shes alive. who knows. i dont get it but thats what they told her i would call up there before you waste your time

Liluckyducky7
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I have had to get 3 cards for SD so far (you are only allowd 10 in a life time poor kid) all we had to take was BC and that paper the hospital gave us that had her birthday on it(the one with her feet prints on it)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)