Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ahhhh dont know what to do!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM
  • 10 Replies

with my tax return i want to buy a new washer and dryer cause the ones i have now are so old the dryer barley even gets our clothes dry and it so nosey we cant even turn it on when where home cause we cant hear anything else but anyways i was told by some people not to get front loaders cause they dont get any stains out and they just hate them but thats what i wanted i hate the top loaders cause of the thing in the middle i feel like i cant get enough clothes in there or my king size blanket it drives me nuts but i would rather have my clothes clean then not have enough room in my washer. so i just wanted to hear what you ladies thought who have or have had front loaders what you think of them!

Kinzley                                 Izaiah

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janis198
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I love my front loader :-D

Janis mommy to 5 great kids, 4 girls and 1 boy

having chocolate

jnick82
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:35 PM

I had front loaders and LOVEDthem just make sure you use a spray and wash bfore you put the stained clothes in the wash

Meluttrell
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:38 PM

they also make top loaders without the thing in the middle and it fits king sized comforters and blankets...good luck

careheart
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I have enjoyed my very much. I've gotten stains out before. I would recommend them. Especailly if you do alot of laundauy. They have this new one out you can store 6 months of degernet . I would be looking into one. If you forgot something all you have to do is press the start button and it will pause it. Good luck. Let me know if you bought one.

AngelicaRenee

I don't know how much you have to spend but we have a kenmore elite oasis and it doesn't have an aggitator in the middle. it's a top loader as well. it's been great for us, we've had it for almost 2 years.

Also what i've heard about front loaders is if you don't leave them open when not using them, they will get moldy.

I think this is the one we have I know our dryer is called canyon capacity. we can wash and dry our king size comforter AND sheets in the same load. it's huge!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02628081000P

YObando

were actually looking to upgrade to those nice one. i think its from maytag. well they have a top loader without the thing in the middle. and you could do do about 3 loads of clothes with just one wash. shop around and ask questions dont set yourself for only one right now

Raeene
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Love love love my front-loader! For stains I personally just spray Shout on it, rub it in a little and toss it in the wash. There are sometimes stains that just will not come out, top loader or front-loader and we just take it to my mom's for her oxy-clean treatment. We have a Fridgidaire(sp) and love it. If you need to get into the load for adding more, taking something out, etc you just pause it. Just remember to keep the door open after you're done doing the water so it can dry or it will get mildew in there... the same with the detergent drawer/area!

Hannahs_mom08
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

i sont have one my self but my snl does and she love it i think threr awsome im going to get me one too

AngelicaRenee
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:54 PM

with our washer you can pause it and put something in mid cycle as well. it's a top loader. and I've never had a problem getting stains out of clothes. and I don't use anything but tide.

Quoting Raeene:

Love love love my front-loader! For stains I personally just spray Shout on it, rub it in a little and toss it in the wash. There are sometimes stains that just will not come out, top loader or front-loader and we just take it to my mom's for her oxy-clean treatment. We have a Fridgidaire(sp) and love it. If you need to get into the load for adding more, taking something out, etc you just pause it. Just remember to keep the door open after you're done doing the water so it can dry or it will get mildew in there... the same with the detergent drawer/area!

Raeene
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:59 PM

We chose to have a front loader because my son who is now 5 loves to help with the laundry and it makes it a lot easier and safer having the front loader. We used to have a top loader but I like the front loader. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)