Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Layman's terms, PLEASE! serious ? for those who support the stimulus deal!

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:40 PM
  • 16 Replies

I would like to know exactly what this stimulus package, that just got approved, will actually mean to me and my family.

Will it mean my mortgage payment goes down? Will it mean the payment goes up?

Will I be able to go get a car loan, just like that? Please keep in mind, I am in school to better myself and my family, my husband has had to file bankrupcy in the past two years as well.

Will our taxes go up? Will we bring home more in our paychecks?

What exactly does this plan mean to people like us?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunstar1mw
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I'm gonna keep checking back cuz I wanna know the answer also.

bump

B.A.G.
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Quoting sunstar1mw:

I'm gonna keep checking back cuz I wanna know the answer also.

bump

ain-gell72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM

amazing! almost 40 views and no one can answer these ??

let me put up a negative post about the man, and boom! everyone knows what they are talking about! lol

notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I can't answer either... maybe no one is answering because no one knows.

Quoting ain-gell72:

let me put up a negative post about the man, and boom! everyone knows what they are talking about! lol

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

ain-gell72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM

isn't that shameful? lol

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting ain-gell72:

sunstar1mw
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Yeah it is  lol

Quoting ain-gell72:

isn't that shameful? lol

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

Quoting ain-gell72:

Crystal_N
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:04 PM

duh ladies - its to boost the economy. (ha - just picking).

really i think its to put more money in the hands of those who dont need it. i watched a thing on the news the other day of how they brough all the big corp lender before the senate......it was pointless. some even said that the government made them take it........really. go to cnn.com. that is where i have been 'trying' to figure it out too. they had a list of everything the $ is going to - waist waist waist. but def check it out.

Crystal
ain-gell72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM

i have googled till my fingers bleed! lol i still can't find the answers! i keep finding  a little of what you say, but nothing of where it benefits me, or any other momma in here!

Quoting Crystal_N:

duh ladies - its to boost the economy. (ha - just picking).

really i think its to put more money in the hands of those who dont need it. i watched a thing on the news the other day of how they brough all the big corp lender before the senate......it was pointless. some even said that the government made them take it........really. go to cnn.com. that is where i have been 'trying' to figure it out too. they had a list of everything the $ is going to - waist waist waist. but def check it out.

ain-gell72
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM

so, the support the president wants from me and the nation as a whole on this thing ( stimulus), isn't going to benefit us at all? then why all the hub-bub and him rallying around the country for this?

2winmommy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 1:12 PM

My MIL watches the news all day long and keeps me informed.  It keeps changing, but the latest is that working individuals will receive $400.00.  Not all at once and not in the form of a check or tax refund.  You will get like $13.00 more on your paycheck.  Of course, this means they're taking less out in federal, so I'm sure we'll have to pay for it next year on our taxes.  Don't everybody jump up and down all at once!  First time home-buyers, however, so far, I believe will get a $15,000 credit on their tax return.  Just what I've heard. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)