• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moldy Donuts... Sue Walmart?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM
  • 41 Replies

Sounds silly. I know...I ate one donut and it was nice and squishy and good, with a taste that was just a bit off. Then i grab another and it's rock hard. So i was thinking, "huh, that's weird". So i start inspecting them and i see that all the squishy ones are moldy. I just bought them yesterday and they don't expire until tomorrow. So a couple of questions...

1. Should I be expecting death in the near future? Lol

2. Can I sue Walmart? Not that would (in case someone wants to bash me for being a jerk), but just out of curiosity (but I really would. LOL)...

Really though, will i get sick?...and can I sue Walmart?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I doubt you will get sick and IMO that would be a waste of court time and energy.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM

i wouldnt sue lol... i dont care wat store it is , i look at things b4 i buy them ... (if it was the kinda donuts that have like the see thru packing) ... i would go up there and show them , that way they take em off the shelves. and u should be fine. i did that b4 w/ food and was fine , i refused to eat the whole day lol , i just drank water lol

in loveFaithful Girlfriend to 
                                        ...Ryne (12-6-07)
toddler boyLoving Momma to
                                   ...Mike (9-14-04)
baby girlLoving Momma to
                                    ...Harmoni (12-26-08)

Sariah747
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:46 PM

No to the first question, all mold is is penicillian, (and with the price of perscription drugs right now I would have been greatful, LOL) and maybe to the next one if you do happen to get sick... I would take them back to walmart and get my money back though!! There is definately something wrong with them.....

AngelicaRenee

walmart doughnuts are gross. every single food item i've bought from them has been bad, including canned food. I hate that place. lol. I'm not sure if mold will make you sick, I hope it doesn't for your sake though. that is really gross though.

proudnewmommyy

I don't think you will get sick, and I don't think you can sue walmart.. did they make the donuts? You could call the company that made them, they usually have a question/complaint phone number on the box and they would probably send you a refund

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Blinkies

mommysautumn

i would definately take them back to the store and at least get refunded....

or play it up like you got really sick and they might give you some sort of hookup, lol....

just4today21

I think suing them is a little out of line... like that lady that burned herself with COFFEE and got a million or so.. thats nuts.  I''m sure if you called or went in and told them about it.. you'd get a gift card or something.. or free donuts for a year lol.

justlikeheaven

You'll probably be fine, I don't think you can sue over that....well you probably could but I doubt you'd get enough money from it to cover your lawyer fees and court costs....but you can probably get a refund from WalMart.

lizzeh
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM

If you received third degree burns in your butt, vaginal, and thigh area. I'm sure you would want to sue too.

Quoting just4today21:

I think suing them is a little out of line... like that lady that burned herself with COFFEE and got a million or so.. thats nuts.  I''m sure if you called or went in and told them about it.. you'd get a gift card or something.. or free donuts for a year lol.

I'll quit nursing my daughter when she can explain to me the homoeroticism between Othello and Iago.

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:49 PM

LMAO ... go up there , puke on the service desk , and tell them how u threw up on ur NEW lap top && u need it for work ... lol hmm could get a new laptop! LOL

Quoting mommysautumn:

i would definately take them back to the store and at least get refunded....

or play it up like you got really sick and they might give you some sort of hookup, lol....

in loveFaithful Girlfriend to 
                                        ...Ryne (12-6-07)
toddler boyLoving Momma to
                                   ...Mike (9-14-04)
baby girlLoving Momma to
                                    ...Harmoni (12-26-08)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)