Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

8 1/2 months and will only drink formula

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

Korbin has had all kinds of problems with his digestive tract, and now we have another one. I can't get him to eat any baby foods for more than a week.  When he eats them too long it's almost like he gets a stomach flu and he starts having diarrhea, vomiting, and cries incessantly... even as I'm trying to put food in his mouth. He just screams and cries and spits it out. Right now he has only been eating about 4-8 ounces of milk every 5-6 hours or so!  I know this is not normal, and I'm starting to get really concerned. He's supposed to be on some table foods and everything now, but he won't.  I don't know what to do. The doctor won't see him until his 9 month well check.  Ugh... I'm at a loss here.  Anyone have any ideas on why he is doing this or what might be wrong??

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
proudnewmommyy
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:04 PM

why won't the doctor see him? That would irritate me, I'd probably take my baby to another doctor, if you're really that worried about it. Sorry he's not feeling well, I hope things get better soon!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Free Blinkies

KeepMovingOn
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:05 PM

If it is really a conserne for you and your doctor will not see him than take him to the ER better safe than sorry

lcbowman
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I have to agree in that if Doctor won't see child until 9 month check-up I might be looking for a new doctor.  However the baby is 8 1/2 months old so should be having 9 month check-up in the next couple of weeks right?

I worked in a peds office for over 5 years and visits dealing with eating issues were scheduled for longer times and often were scheduled out a ways.  My guess is since you already have 9 month check-up scheduled ( ok I am assuming you already have it scheduled) that time slot was going to be sooner than an available consult time. 

happytexasCM
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:02 PM

I would go to another Dr.  It's not an emergency, but there is some reason he cannot tolerate any solids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)