• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1st Night Without My Daughter

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

So my MIL is taking my daughter overnight for the first time so my husband and I can do our Valentines Day tonight.  She'll be 8 months on the 24th and this  will be the first time being without her overnight.  I'm sad because I know I'm going to miss her but my MIL and FIL usually take her for one day all day every week or so, so they have a set up for her already.  How old was your child/children the first time he or she spend the night away from you?  I'm afraid I'm going to wake up at 2 am when she usually gets up to be changed and panic because she's not  here lol...I know I'm being silly but I'm going to miss her :(

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilesmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:15 PM

It will be hard, but you will make it through!!!

Go have some good time fun!

CoUrtNEyLeE
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:15 PM

My son was BF so not until he was one but he went for a few hours during the day but I was scared but it was nice I slept in had a bubble bath! just enjoy it she is in good hands!

haileysmom15
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM

My daughter was a month old and it was for a week.. when i went on my honeymoon.. i was sick the whole time pounding headache and once i knew i was going home to her i was fine lol

Irsishmom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM

My son was 6 months old when I left him for the first time, my best friend was getting married in Alabama and I was the matron of honor so I had to leave him for four days to go help and be in the wedding. It was really hard but he was with his DH and my Mom while I was gone, it made me feel better. I have left him a few other times since then, he is 16 months old now and it still seems just as hard as it was the first time. I am always glad to go and do whatever it is that takes me away and I enjoy myself but I am always so excited to see his little face when I get back. Don't feel like you are over reacting because it is normal, all moms feel that way. Have a great time on V-Day!!

jaedynmoon
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:18 PM

I know I'm really looking forward to sleeping in because I haven't in forever!

Quoting CoUrtNEyLeE:

My son was BF so not until he was one but he went for a few hours during the day but I was scared but it was nice I slept in had a bubble bath! just enjoy it she is in good hands!

Mom2Jayson
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Oh wow.  I'm so not the "norm" I guess.  My son is 2 1/2 and he's never spent the night away from me...........

LoveMyBugs
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:23 PM

My first DD was 13 months, my DH and I went to a funeral down state and I couldn't imagine bringing her there. It was so hard anyway. My DH's family wanted us to stay one more night than we did (1 night, 2 days) and I broke down. I did not want to be gone one more minute.

My second DD was 16 months when I gave birth to my youngest DD. I had to be in the hospital for 2 days and I cried because they wouldn't let me leave RIGHT AWAY on the 2nd day.

My youngest? Never. . . She's only 6 (almost 7) months old. Our family is 3,000 miles away from us and we wont see them until she's 1 year old so it's doubtful she'll spend a night away from us for a long time.

I cannot handle being away from my children which is probably good because my DH is always deployed/TDY. They need stability and I want to give that to them with one constant parent. Usually I call my parents (the only one's they've stayed with) all day/night long. I'm the one waking up at 7am so we can "hurry home" because I miss my girls. But I know how important it is to spend time alone as a couple. You can't always be just Mommy. You have to spend some time being just Wife. It's important for the relationship. Me and DH spend date nights, usually about 3-4 hours at a time twice a month doing something just the two of us. It rejuvenates us as a couple! I think I'd go a little batty if we didn't do that!

GlitterAmberCatchyCreationbyAmy.gif picture by preemiemommy
Melamma
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Wow, that's incredible!

My kids are 4 1/2, 3 and 10 months old and the only time I was away from them was when my second was born I was in the hospital over night. That was it. I have never been away from them overnight. Not because I can't but because I don't want to.

I can't handle being away from them for that long. We went away a whole day when it was just my first two kids, and that was so incredibly hard.

I know I won't be spending a night without them unless I have to till they are like 13. Sorry i'm no help.

bf 9 moPhotobucketPhotobucket

SingleMama16
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:46 PM

awwww so cute!! MY son has actujally n/v been away yet, but i'll be the same way. If i work late mom will just keep him in her room so i can sleep. I'll wake up and look over in his bed and be like omg where did he go, then think o yea nv m LOL

kalio
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:50 PM

My sons are 2 1/2 and 14months and I still haven't left them overnight.(Except the two nights I was in the hospital having my youngest) The longest I have been away was 6hrs. I don't know anyone who is able to take them overnight....Our parents live out of town. I don't trust my dad. And my cousins who I trust don't have their own place at the moment!
I'm sure it will be okay!

MS
we need to find a cure.

Are you a young mom? Feel you have no one to go to?
Want someone to trust and can ask them anything without fear of being judged?
If so,come check out Big Sister's. We're here to help you! :]
Or do you want to become a Big Sister?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/bigsisters

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)